Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I Nom Cones
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 focus coupe and when i back out of my driveway with the wheel turned there is a loud "pop". It happened with the stock wheels and it does it with my aftermarket wheels. It only does it some times, and i think it happens when the wheel is turned almost all the way to oneside or the other(its not something i like to reproduce). Does this happen to anyone else?

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
It's an 08... take back to your dealer and make them fix it

·
I Nom Cones
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i already did, they tried to blame it on my tires but i told them that it did it before i got them. they looked but couldn't find anything wrong and they said that the tires were probably catching the plastic in the wheel well. I was just curious if this was something that other people were experiencing?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2002 focuswith eibach pro springs. I have had them on for three years no problems, and my focus made one huge pop last week, and broke the strut off at the top threads(at the strut plate). since then, I put in a new strut. well now it makes these loud "pops" when I turn full lock. I jacked the car up and figured out that the spring is shifting around in the top strut plate.(which is causing the popping noise.) Now I'm wondering how to fix the problem. Do I replace the strut plate or is the spring bad?

·
Registered
20 Posts

I have a stock 2007 that does that exact same thing . I have had it a the dealer 7 times and it is still not fixed. I think it is the steering rack though. Good Luck

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
The stuts mounts are usually what causes popping from the front end. Since it's still under warranty make the dealer do a very good check over of all the suspension componenets like taking the front endlinks off and seeing if the noise contiues. With dealerships the techs don't get the normal amount of hours becuase it's a labor claim and they don't want to put alot of time into something they don't make alot of money on.

·
Registered
20 Posts

Wow that crazy they don't get paid the same so they do a half @$$ job looking into it. How would you go about making the dealer do a very good check?

Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts