Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, so I have a couple things that I was wondering about for my '08 SE Coupe that I'm wanting to do to the front end, buy I'm worried about the cost and difficulty of having them done! Alright, so this is the front end of my Focus except I don't have the fog lights in front. I'm wanting to get the black grill in place on Chrome and also wanting to get some lamps in there. How much do you think these would cost and what am I looking at for installing these guys?

Oh and opinion from everyone, should I go all backed out rims, paint, tint, etc. OR should I go with my original plan. White paint, black 15spoke focus rally wheels, black front grill, tinted windows, maybe black roof, and HUGE maybe on black mirror caps.

·
Unicorn Owner
2,757 Posts
Well the grille is easy, either paint it (Plastidip is my weapon of choice also like $6) or you could get the OEM grille from ford which is $100-$115 range. It's really simple to install/take out just 4 plastic clips. Just make sure not to lose any, like I did.

As for the lamps, it depends on what kind of setup you are looking to do, LED's are relatively cheap and just take time to do.

As for my opinion, not too sure to be honest, but I would lean toward the white wheels I guess.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wheels would actually be black if I went with a white body. Actually, after looking at yours, would be a lot like yours except stock hood, everything white instead of ice blue except for roof, grill, wheels, and possibly mirror caps.

·
Unicorn Owner
2,757 Posts
AH ha so repaint it then, I would caution you that it normally lowers the value of the car when it's repainted. What is the stock color? Flame blue or Metallic Ice blue?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Flame Blue is the stock color. And I know it lowers the value, which is why I'll be making sure I get a very good paint job on it. And I looked up plastidip and some videos on youtube of people who have used it and it looks real good. Is that what yours is or were you lucky enough to already have the black grille?

·
Unicorn Owner
2,757 Posts
Black grille on a ice blue? NAW, ford ain't that cool, I bought mine after the fact, and I just used some PlastiDip on my gas door today even. Pics are up in the showroom,Click Me! I would personally try and keep the stock color and do things that work well with it. I love blue and black as a combo but white and blue might pop a bit more. Not sure but if you do decide to paint it all, get a GOOD paint job on it. [thumb]

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm gonna make sure I get a really good paint job, I was thinking I might even just take it into the local Ford body shop here, not sure if I trust them with my paint job, haha. I just have always liked white on black on basically all cars and my first car (S13 Silvia) was all blacked out so I figured I'd do white and black on this.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just went out and got some plastidip and Night Shades along with a couple other things. Hopefully this time next week my headlights and rear lights are tinted, also hoping to get the chrome on the car painted black with the Plastidip.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts