Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, so, im from england and own a blue st170. i really like the old girl and after owning a scooby and a few gt fours i love the handling and running costs lol! however its not plain sailing im afraid, im pulling my hair out trying to get rid of a knocking noise at the front. id describe the noise as the same noise as loose wheel nuts, but obviously mine are tight, so tight in fact they broke my locking nuts but thats another story[thumbd] ive read many threads on here and on that basis replaced all three engine mounts and i have replaced my sway bar end links, ive inspected my standard exhaust system and heat sheilds, still no joy! the noise only happens when i pull off and stop or back off from high revs and it dosnt matter if im turning or pulling off straight! ive bounced the car and cant recreate the noise! it happens in neutral as well as gears and sounds as if its comming from beneith the car! anyone had this problem and succesfuly cured it! sometimes its quite, especially if ive jacked the car up or pulled the engine up with the engine crane, however it soon returns! i think its truley disgusting that our foci suffer from such silly amateur design faults and ford shoud be truley ashamed at their poor manufacturing skills! i wont buy another, having said that im quite taken with my little 3door beast so could someone please help me fix her??? id rather talk with you guys than the muppets at ford! lol and ive been reading for a while here now! youve got a great community with some excellent cars! keep it up man, its makes great reading here in england! thank you very much in advance and im looking forward to getting my hands dirty with all your suggestions! for any of you other front end knockers feel free to join me on my quest! lets fix these [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] lol![loveff]

·
Registered
784 Posts
check the drive shafts, they should have a minimal amount of play if any.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi, thanks for your reply! i have checked the drive shafts and i dont think there is any play, but how would you go about checking them? is there a standard test i could perform?? many thanks, now youve said it, it may well be the driveshafts :(

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
i think its truley disgusting that our foci suffer from such silly amateur design faults and ford shoud be truley ashamed at their poor manufacturing skills!
Really?
So you think no other car has trivial little problems after 6 years of use? [poke]

My vote goes for Strut Bearings/Mounts.

Black guy on top here:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts