Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sitting at 225 000km now and getting a clunking noise when going over bumps in a parking lot etc especially when turning...ball joint or something?
I've got an alignment coming up on the weekend and wondering if i should wait till i replace the part/parts first....
Anyone else exoerience this or know what to look for?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Sitting at 225 000km now and getting a clunking noise when going over bumps in a parking lot etc especially when turning...ball joint or something?
I've got an alignment coming up on the weekend and wondering if i should wait till i replace the part/parts first....
Anyone else exoerience this or know what to look for?

Try sway bar end links first. What you describe is exactly what happened when my end link had gone bad.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
And when you have the end links off, yank the sway bar side to side, up and down to check if there`s any slack on sway bar bushings.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Turns out to be the LCA so i switched out both, what a difference but not done yet lol
I'm still getting a sound from thr front passenger side...not a clunk like before but a metal to metal sound only when the wheel is moving.
First i thought it was the brakes but no still lots of life left there( pads and rotors 60k ago)
Now i'm leaning toward the bearing....

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Before switching out the ball joint coming to a stop was treacherous, braking had to be done lightly as the shimmy youd get i thought the rotor was in sideways!
Hence why i figured the rotor to be warped, wrong!
With the LCA replaced stopping is smooth.
Which leads me to the bearing....i cant think of anything else it could be, gets louder the faster you go and there is almost a wobbly feel to it once in a while.
I'll be doing the wiggle test today with the tire on to look for play.
Anyone else experience this or have an idea of whats going on?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some footage of the front and rear noises, keep in mind this is on medium packed gravel

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guess my video didnt upload lol.
Ive checked my LCA's....they loosened off so i tightened them as much as i could without stripoing the bolt, feel great.
Now its only the rear shock tower i have to check

1 - 9 of 9 Posts