Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
(y)
Thank you for that update - that is good information. So the ball joint has a hole for the zerk to be installed into? If you could post some pics of those FCAs that would be great.

It would be very interesting to compare the ball joint that comes in these FCAs with the Moog K80067 stand alone bolt-on greasable ball joint to see if they are in fact the same.

FYI the Moog RK80405/RK80406 FCAs are correct for all 00-04 Focus (05-07 the FCAs are basically the same but the ball joint stud has a different diameter). Its interesting that the online picture of these parts clearly shows that the ball joint is bolt-on but also does not show a grease fitting or hole for one.

Paul
It's a little funny now, but I was really searching for an FCA with the greasable ball joint and having little luck finding one (at least that didn't cost$$ like the OEM part), so I settled on just getting the bolt-on with a great warranty and at a very fair price in my mind. And then there it was in the box...Christmas in October! Yes, the ball joint has the threaded hole in the bottom of it for the zerk fitting; you just have to install the fitting...gently now, don't break it off ;)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Oh yeah, and just bye-the-bye, I found it laughable that Pepboys also listed the standalone MOOG bolt-on balljoint with zerk fitting for....wait for it...$80. More $ than the complete FCA with zerk equipped bolt-on balljoint already installed and backed with a limited lifetime warranty to boot. What a world we live in.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Oh yeah, and just bye-the-bye, I found it laughable that Pepboys also listed the standalone MOOG bolt-on balljoint with zerk fitting for....wait for it...$80. More $ than the complete FCA with zerk equipped bolt-on balljoint already installed and backed with a limited lifetime warranty to boot. What a world we live in.
I had replaced a balljoint on my 2002 wagon in 2018. I used the Moog K80067 stand alone ball joint to replace the riveted in balljoint that failed in a FCA I had replaced 2018. I cut off the rivet heads and drove out the rivets. Here is the Moog K80067 before I installed it. The boot is bonded to the steel frame. Can you tell if the balljoint in the RK80405 you installed looks the same ?
IMG_4802.JPG IMG_4804.JPG IMG_4805.JPG IMG_4817.JPG

Paul

21 - 23 of 23 Posts