Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
r the front control arms the same in every year focus ?i bought some control ars but didnt like them so im putting the poly bushings in my stocker

·
what it be like
6,381 Posts
just looked at a couple photos (dont flame me if im wrong) but they look to be the same arm style and the ball joint looks very similar so I guess the first gen bushings will work fine.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
^^^^^ I beleive the rear bushing on the FLCA is a different size for the '08+ Foci's. Why change just the bushing's when you can change arm's= CFM's tubular control arm's= more forward bite/ lighter weight/ adjustable camber/ stronger.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Poly bushings on 08 arms requires you use early model rear bushing brackets 00-04... good luck, after spending hours trying to install them with a BFH and a vise I went out and bought a 20 ton press and did them in 10 minutes. I"ll be using the press to rebuild the front end on my F150 4WD and my CJ7 so the cost wasn't an issue. Anyhow couldn't find anyone to do them for me or they threw a high price cause they didn't want to do the install or gaurantee the outcome.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have fc control arms and didnt like them

^^^^^ I beleive the rear bushing on the FLCA is a different size for the '08+ Foci's. Why change just the bushing's when you can change arm's= CFM's tubular control arm's= more forward bite/ lighter weight/ adjustable camber/ stronger.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts