Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I was jsut wondering if anyone has installed the front camber adjuster plates before. I just purchased some and want to throw them on but i am not really sure on the exact process. My major question is do you need to remove the thrust bearing from the original thrust bearing plate the car came with and somehow install them on the new camber plates. If you guys have any pointers that would be awsome. Thanks

·
Registered
296 Posts
Well does the camber plate have a bearing pressed into it? If not, then it looks like you will need to put it on top of the bearing, etc. Of course this will change ride height...

Linky to the plates you speak of?

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
The SPC plates are easy to install. The strut bearing just snaps off and pops into place by hand.

1. Remove strut
2. Using a spring compressor, disassemble strut
3. Remove strut bearing from strut mount
4. Place bearing on SPC plate
5. Install SPC plate with strut bearing where the old strut mount went
5.a. The order of installation of SPC plates are disc -> mount -> disc
5.b. Align the holes of the 2 discs, and slide the strut piston through both
5.c. Tighten down with nut
6. Assemble strut
7. Install strut

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awsome thanks for the help man, going to go and get it done as we speak here. Hey have you ever put on the rear camber ajdustment before, only thing i am a little worried about it cutting of the factory welded on nut, should not be an issue though i am assuming.

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Never did the rears. I couldn't get a cutoff wheel near the nut, so I figured I'd just run it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts