Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so Im in the McDonalds parking lot and im pulling out onto the little parking lot street and I look left and there is no one coming so I go and this guy is on the wrong side of the street wack slam into him My fault cause I hit him but anyway I scratched up the Front Bump Really Nice and bent it a little bit (only noticeable if you look hard.

How much does a new bumper cost and where Could I get one?? after installation how much do yall think it would be?? Could I just get the bumper repainted and straightned out or would it just be easier to get a new one?? Sorry for all the questions just trying to estimate how much this is gonna cost me (or rather my parents)

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Well, it would be easier to tell if we had a pic to look at. From what your saying, you could easily just take it to a body shop or two and get the best estimate and get it fixed & repainted.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pics

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The first pic was kinda a bad pic but its very scratched up if u can make it out not dented just scratched

this is a bend in the bumper from all the pressure

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Well, from what I can see, a body shop can fix that. I've seen things a lot worse then that on cars around here and they have been takin to body shops and come out looking like nothing has happened. You should go get an estimate.

·
Regulator...mount up
3,026 Posts
Hey man I feel You! I have an 03 Black SVT too man! A couple of weeks ago I was driving on Ice and my car skidded and hit a mound of ice. Now I have a cracked front bumper, only about 4 inches, but it still aggravtes me. I have looked on Ford's Performance Parts catalog, and its there ( ) but it won't give me the price, it actually tells me that the product is not available!!!

You should go to www.fordracing.com and hit on the "performance parts" on top of the page and then click on Virtual Catalog. Then go to the SVT Section of the catalog and scroll a couple of pages (2 exactly) and click the front Fascia picture (it should be colored orange).

Anyways man I hope you are successful in finding that. If you did get in and see how much it costs to get a new front bumper, send us another reply and tell us the price, because I would be interested in getting one. If not then tell us how much it cost to get it fixed at a body shop.

I hope this helps a little!

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its $365 from http://www.batinc.net plus u gotta pay for shipping painting and install

I think ZX3Chick is right I can probably have mine bent back into place and repainted for very cheap so it looks like it never happened

·
Regulator...mount up
3,026 Posts
Hey man! I just called Ford Racing at their Hot line and they told me the product is on "Back Order" and there is no set date on when it will be available. That sucks, but they told me how much the front bumper would be. It is $399, that's a little bit expensive. I think you would be better off going to a body shop. Hope I could help!

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
OR you could get a aftermarket bumper. most are much cheaper than 399. the cervini which has become popular on this forum is something like 360.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Technically I hit him we were on a small road (the street infront of a strip mall) not on an actual road Papo you need to chill out Why are you getting all offensive?

·
Regulator...mount up
3,026 Posts
Yo sorry about that shit Seb! I was kind of irritated yesterday, My bad! Anyways I think that fixing your bumper at a body shop will run around 350-400. I went this weekend to check my cracked bumper (which is not severe at all, it's just a 4 inch crack) and they told me that to fix it it would cost 450. And to replace the part, paint it, and put it back together it would cost me 760. That's a lot of money.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Damn I could buy a new bumper for that price I would put on the cervanis

·
Registered
248 Posts
You could always try www.bumpers.com. They sell OEM rejected bumpers. That is where I bought my front bumper for my ZX3. When I received it, you could not tell that there was anything wrong with it (until my cat used it for a scratching post). I do not think that the SVT Focus bumper is listed on there site, but you could always call them and find out. I paid about $160ish for the front bumper with foglights already installed, painted, and shipped. Hope this helps.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
JoeZX3 said:
You could always try www.bumpers.com. They sell OEM rejected bumpers. That is where I bought my front bumper for my ZX3. When I received it, you could not tell that there was anything wrong with it (until my cat used it for a scratching post). I do not think that the SVT Focus bumper is listed on there site, but you could always call them and find out. I paid about $160ish for the front bumper with foglights already installed, painted, and shipped. Hope this helps.
Now that sounds like a good idea.[;)]

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
uhhh dude, you said its your fault because you hit him but thats not how fault works. if he was on the wrong side of the street it was definitly his fault. i was in an accident with an rsx and i accidentally pulled in front of a guy and he his the back side of me, but since i pulled in front of him it was my fault even though he hit me. i hope you didnt admit fault to it, because the insurance company will put the fault on him since he was on the wrong side of the road.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I didn't admit fault to the insurance company

1 - 20 of 20 Posts