Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of getting Akebono ProACT Ceramic pads from Tire Rack. Anyone use them? $57 for an axle set.

·
Registered
650 Posts
WOW 70K Mine are at 60 percent used at 25k. I hear they are the best ceramics with little dust. But they have brake fade as they do not grip as semi metallic do. But I hear that comment is subjective. Heard the same about Hawk. I am curious as well to hear other opinions.

·
Registered
368 Posts
My local Tires Plus dealer installed Akebono ProACT Ceramic pads on the front brakes of my 2013 Focus hatchback when I had the rotors and pads replaced (bought the car used with 33,400 miles on it and the rotors were warped). At the time I wanted my brakes done, they were the only pads he could find in stock locally, and he gave me a nice discount. I've had them on the car for around 1,000 miles. Brake fade is non-existent and there's a lot less brake dust. I have not experienced the problem with not stopping as well as semi-metallic pads.

·
Registered
5,900 Posts
I use those on my 4Runner and have been quite happy with them. Going to be getting my 3rd set shortly.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm about due for a set of pucks myself. Was thinking about trying out a set of Ceramics. Worth the $70/axle?

·
Registered
822 Posts
Kind of off topic, but just had my 2012 Focus inspected last night. It passed with 47,209 miles on the odometer with the original rotors and brake pads. That's crazy! The most I've gotten on brake pads/rotors with other cars I've owned in the past was around 35k. And my brakes make no noise, no vibration what so ever.

·
Registered
368 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Kind of off topic, but just had my 2012 Focus inspected last night. It passed with 47,209 miles on the odometer with the original rotors and brake pads. That's crazy! The most I've gotten on brake pads/rotors with other cars I've owned in the past was around 35k. And my brakes make no noise, no vibration what so ever.
Agreed. I want to replace the pads now so do not have to cut the rotors.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I have some scoring on my rotors but the wear on the pads is not much at 36K miles. Me previous car, 2004 Toyota Matrix, was purchased used with 20K miles and I replaced the pads and front rotors at 110K miles so the pads lasted over 100K miles.

I do not work the brakes hard as my driving style is more hyper miler than street racer. Driving style makes a HUGE difference.

Interestingly, my tires are not holding up as well as I'd imagine as it looks like I'll need to replace them before the winter and well before 40K miles. Given my driving style I'd anticipated about 55K miles or more.

Brian

1 - 11 of 11 Posts