Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
WRX/Focus:)
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what is a good upgrade for my 03 zx3, with 1.5 inch drop springs, and the FRPP shocks and struts?

I am currently replacing the clutch in the D23's trans, and I figured I'd replace everything in the front suspension as well.

So what is stock diameter, and what is a good step up, without a chance of breaking anything, like rear lower control arms, or front bar links?

Thanks,

Djzx3

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Eibach makes a good kit with both that should do the trick quite nicely 22mm f / 25mm r. look it up on CFM's website. and its only $235

·
WRX/Focus:)
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And those won't be too stiff on anything?

What are the sizes that guys are usually breaking rear control arms and stuff?

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
I've heard nothing but good things about the FRPP kit 1.5" kit. I'd rather go with that than the Eibach, but that's just me. People are breaking stuff due to larger rear bears, just check for cracking or upgrade to the newer reinforced arms. I'd just check them to see what shape they are in, and if good then run with those unless you like that extra sense of security.

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
Ran a 25mm rear on my 01 and that just had the SVT kit on it. lots of fun

I have 22mmF 25mmR Intrax sways on my car right now. they were great with the FRPP kit, great when I went to sportline springs, and great now that I have tokico HTS shocks.

Its a great combo [thumb]

I think stock on your ZX3 you should have 20mm F and R

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
I've got the 22mm Eibach front sway and the 22mm Steeda rear sway with the FRPP lowering kit .

And it handles really well , on the Rear bar I'm using the non adjustable end links . With the Steeda bar you get 2 sets of endlink's . 1 set is adjustable and the other is non adjustable.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts