Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so last week i replaces my right side entire shock and strut assembly, lower control arm, wheel bearings kit and basicly the entire right driver side and the left wheel bearing. before i did that i was hearing massive squeacking noises and i still hear them after installing the new parts. people told me that after i installed them it would go away but it didint it went down but its still there then i break, turn, and take off at very low speeds you can hear it very clear and i just wanna know what it could possibly be so i can fix the problem.

·
what it be like
6,381 Posts
it happens when you brake??

have you made sure its nothing like heat shields or nothing loose on your exhaust??

I have even heard of the brake lines in the rear banging around on that small bracket like thing check that out

if it is suspension...after replacing all those parts it would make sense to change the sway bar endlinks anways...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it happens when you brake??

have you made sure its nothing like heat shields or nothing loose on your exhaust??

I have even heard of the brake lines in the rear banging around on that small bracket like thing check that out

if it is suspension...after replacing all those parts it would make sense to change the sway bar endlinks anways...
its not the breaklines i checked and even the sway bar ends are changed

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Its a little tricky. Not a lot of room back there. I actually have an impact extension that is 3 feet long, (for transmission work ) it is 1/2" on the gun side and 3/8' on the socket side. With a swivel on there also. I actually got the bolts out from up on top looking down at them, with out lowering the cradle a little bit. Once the bolts are out you can lift the top clamps off remove the bushing and get them lubed up. I use the urethane bushing grease (even on the stock rubber ones) that stuff is sticky and wont wash off that easy. With just hand tools it takes a bit of wiggling around . But it can be done. Jack stands and patience.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its a little tricky. Not a lot of room back there. I actually have an impact extension that is 3 feet long, (for transmission work ) it is 1/2" on the gun side and 3/8' on the socket side. With a swivel on there also. I actually got the bolts out with out lowering the cradle a little bit. Once the bolts are out you can lift the top clamps off remove the bushing and get them lubed up. I use the urethane bushing grease (even on the stock rubber ones) that stuff is sticky and wont wash off that easy. With just hand tools it takes a bit of wiggling around . But it can be done. Jack stands and patience.
alright ill see what i can do. thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts