Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 focus and just today I noticed a crunching noise when I turn coming from the front passenger side. Odd thing is it only makes the noise when I turn and accelerate, when coasting through a turn its quite.

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
Q1 - Does the sound appear when turning left or right or both directions?

Q2 - "crunching" seems odd. Like a nutcracker opening a walnut? Could you describe the sound again? How long does the sound last? Does the sound seem like a wheel bearing & axle -or- more like within the suspension?

·
Registered
97 Posts
If cv axel boots are intact ....Honestly your best bet is to dissassemble. Bad wheel bearing is obvious with the wheel and brakes removed. If your over 120k just do the cv axel and wheel bearing together. If your in Phoenix I got a press.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2007 focus and just today I noticed a crunching noise when I turn coming from the front passenger side. Odd thing is it only makes the noise when I turn and accelerate, when coasting through a turn its quite.
If it's reproducible consistently and the click the rate of clicking picks up directly correlating to the road speed, it's most likely one or both half shafts.

It's one of the bushings somewhere if you get temperamental creaking with hard acceleration as well as deceleration.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Also check struts for a broken spring. I had one let go the other day, driving straight is fine, turning sounds crunchy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts