Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the Guy who brought you the Lime Green Flat Focus, Then the Satin Black Focus.... This Spring it will be the BEDLINER Focus ... actually I just want Opinions on the Idea.... The bedliner would be Monstaliner. Its tintable for different colors [8]

·
R.I.P Kona
12,868 Posts
No more than 30 lbs max painting outside of car. Seen a few trucks done completely in black bed liner.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The 218 pounds that my old woods truck gained must have been me mis-reading the scale. A '99 Ranger ext cab with line-x shot over the body. Heavy stuff

·
R.I.P Kona
12,868 Posts
A friend did his old bug he takes to the beach and used just under 2 gallons to cover the whole thing. That was about 4 years ago and it still looks the same today. No idea what brand but the cans weighed 15 lbs each. Has a light texture to it but not super thick. Probably not near as thick as the one you mentioned.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Stupid question but why?

I'm not telling you not to do it, but why do you want to do it?

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Fair enough. lol

What are your color choices for this liner?

·
Floods suck.
5,296 Posts
^Those 2 would be my first pick as well!

·
Registered
251 Posts
From the Guy who brought you the Lime Green Flat Focus, Then the Satin Black Focus.... This Spring it will be the BEDLINER Focus ... actually I just want Opinions on the Idea.... The bedliner would be Monstaliner. Its tintable for different colors [8]
how complete is coverage? to wheels?

·
Wheel King, Bow Down
1,918 Posts
So the main purpose is to get better sound out of your stereo?

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
I've said this before and people just don't get it but ... Added mass does not equal panel rigidity. That is to say a few light weight stiffening rods welded in place will calm any panel flexing better than coatings.

Coatings are for killing/slowing standing waves, only.

And I can personally attest to how well 'bed liners' work for increasing audibility:

But sprayed on the outside of the car 'for increasing audio response purposes' ... seriously?
If sound has made it that far through the body you have other problems you should concentrate on first.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts