Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi! I drive a focus se sohc and i bought a dohc zetec focus and i wanna switch engines, because this zx3 had a bad accident but the engine is clean and i'll like to put this engine on my SE, am very sure it will fit, but am scare about computer and sensors,probalby axles and i don't know how difficult this can be, if somebody know this won't be a problem it all i'll appreciate if you tell me what to do?[xx(]

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
Well, since you have all the parts from the zetec motor, including the computer, then you should have everything you'll need to make it work. I'm not too sure about all the little details, but I'm sure someone else will chime in soon enough with more information. Welcome to FocusFanatics.com

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just did it to mine oh 9 months ago. The ECU's are very sensative so you might want to check to see if its still good! As long as you have all the stuff off the zetec including the tranny the only thing you need is a wiring converter im not sure exactly what they used to do mine but it cost me like 1200 to get it put in cause it takes some time to do. Im not sure but i think they had to change the whole K frame with the motor and tranny. Oh and make sure you get the fans off the Zetec and the wiring harness for the fans.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts