Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about swapping out my prokit for my SVT kit. I believe the springs are sagging and I really just don't want to deal with Eibach, warrenty or not. Plus the roads here in Chi. are really beating the suspension up and therefore the car.

It would be nice to get some degree of comfort back and stop new rattles from forming but I'm not sure.

I love the looks and handling of the car but am tired of the ride quality and the sagging springs.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Thinking about swapping out my prokit for my SVT kit. I believe the springs are sagging and I really just don't want to deal with Eibach, warrenty or not. Plus the roads here in Chi. are really beating the suspension up and therefore the car.

It would be nice to get some degree of comfort back and stop new rattles from forming but I'm not sure.

I love the looks and handling of the car but am tired of the ride quality and the sagging springs.

Thoughts?
Highly doubtful the springs are sagging. Eibach quality is pretty damn good and their steel quality meets rigorous TUV & ISO requirements. You didn't mention what shocks your using. The stock SVT shocks (if that's what you are using) are designed for the longer SVT spring. Remember you lowered the car another one inch with the Eibach pros. That shortens the travel of the shock by one inch as well and is what is probably causing the problems (you're on the bump stops more often than not). That's why its important to use the correct shocks (firmer shorter shocks) to maintain appropriate suspension travel.

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the eibach shocks as well. I'm getting the car looked at tomorrow and I've had two recommendations from two different shops that the springs might be sagging. I also received information from another member on FF that his actually broke on him after i think two years.

I guess I'll have to wait and see and then make up my mind.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts