Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i finally got my car back today... accident was on the 10/8 and i got it back today because of part delays....

so i got my car and they installed my Frpp lowering kit... debaged my trunk.... tinted my new tail light and cleaned my car and rims and interior....
i was super happy and got in my car and drove it home and pulled in my driveway to take some pics.... well this is where everything fell apart

1. the tail light was cracked and doesnt line up with body lines on side or on the trunk
2. the bumper didnt line up with the quarter panel
3. paint was missing in some parts
4.the trunk panels and carpet done line up and trunk didnt close right and some welds were not finished and there is a whole in the side

Picture are coming soon...

so now im f%^$ pissed and go back and start to fight with them and they did not have any answers and they couldnt get there storys straight and they said its not there fault

so we go round and round and they said call the insurance company and get them to aprove the new quarter panel and they will fix it...

why was this not all done before? all they said was that they did the best they could

there is probably more but i am just so upset right now... [:(][:(][:(][:(][:(]

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Did they 'farm it out"?
They may have decided to let someone else do the workas a subcontractor sort of thing.
That happened to my 1989 Tracer. the work sucked.
And they fought all the stuff which was obviously wrong.
Hope you get it squared away.
(ask to speak to the person who did the work)

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i did speak to the persona nd he said it was all the insurance companies fault because they wouldnt approve the repair that they never asked for... things are not going to end well

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
WOW................That sucks!
I hope you get it all sorted out.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Wow and i thought i had it bad. My repairs were seamless except for how many times it took to get the paint to stick and some snading marks under the paint. But other than that you would have no idea mine had been wrecked so hard.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
i did speak to the persona nd he said it was all the insurance companies fault because they wouldnt approve the repair that they never asked for... things are not going to end well
Contact the insurance company instead of the place that did the work.
The insurance company paid for the work.
The insurance co. will either blow you off and you know then they screwed you. OR they will kick the arse of the place that did the work and it WILL get done right.
My Tracer... the insurance company stood up for me and resolved all the issues without my getting too hot over it.
So try talking to the insurance co. (you are a little person to the business, the insurance co is the guy with the big stick....)

To my mind the place you got it fixed is trying to pass the buck.. [smackbum] and i bet the insurance co will not let them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts