Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JW if it's a direct fit or if #4 had to be ground a bit.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
I haven't heard us using it. That's more of a regular zetec thing. But there may be someone out there

·
Registered
994 Posts
I think it's direct replacement on the SVT head, and that the normal zetec guys have to grind #4. But I'm not 100% on that.

a lot of guys use the FRIM, for big turbo kits, because just like the zetec IM, the SVT one is still made of plastic and can have a hole blow in it w/ a intake backfire.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
These are on the Focus zetec head.

SVT vs Focus zetec head:

Gen I (Z20) FRIM vs Focus zetec:

SVT Gen I (Z20) FRIM correct location vs Focus zetec:

These are on the SVT head.

Correct SVT location vs Gen I (Z20) FRIM:

Gen I (Z20) location vs SVT head:

Gen I (Z20) location vs SVT manifold:

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The god from the ZX2 world (JohnP) even thought the Gen I was a direct fit. By all accounts, it is pretty close vs how far it's off vs the Focus zetec head.

So for anyone who is running one you should take note of this.

·
FF Affiliate
31,164 Posts
The people were told on the ZX2 forum many times many years ago that it was a direct bolt on but the runners didnt line up , I have said it here about 500 times LOL

Want to get real scaired look in the Inj hole for the guys using the SVT intake or GEN 1 on the Zetec head

Tom

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^look down the hole of a stock SVT once, you'll see the same thing. The injector fires right past it and it isn't an issue at all.
Remember, I ran the SVT intake on a zetec head for about 3 years with no issues at all.

and the manifold is on:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts