Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've been reading this forum for several months now. I finally joined so I can post too. Another Winnipeg person here.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I see a lot of Focuses around Winnipeg and Mb, I know they're popular. For me it's been a good purchase. Fun to drive, pretty good gas mileage. As an economy car, I could have done much worse.

·
Registered
737 Posts
they really are pretty decent cars. A lot of people underrate them. But after owning 2 so far, I have zero complaints or regrets in buying them.

Not a ton of local folks are enthusiasts, so I can see why there aren't a ton of memers on here.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Go 'Toba! The Focus is a daily driver/3rd car for us. I usually use it to drive to work around the perimeter, and run the kids around to activities. I've only owned it for about 6 months. So far... 18" wheels/tires/sensors from a 2016 Fusion, ST steering wheel and had the clutches done in the DCT under warranty in March. Gotta get the windows tinted in the next week or two. And I've got black fog light bezels to put on. Other then the questionable reliability on the DCT, this is one of the nicest small cars I've ever driven.

Attachments

·
Registered
737 Posts
the fusion wheels look nice on the focus! Where are you going for your window tint? I want to do mine as well, i'm thinking Slick Tint is where i'll go.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I was thinking about executive and slick tint. The reviews for both are 50/50 it seems. I ended up going to Auto Stripe on Dugald because I personally knew people who went there and had good things to say. I have no complaints

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
737 Posts
never been to any of the winnipeg ones aside from picking up oil filters. for which i go to river city ford and their great for that purpose.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Anybody here got some good/bad comments on the Winnipeg Ford dealers? I need to take my Focus in for 2 minor things to look at. Just hate going to dealers.
Hadn't dealt with Ford dealers for a few years, as I had gotten out of new Mustangs and new F150's and gone to the darkside. But since picking up the Focus I've dealt with River City a couple times due to the clutches, oil change, inspection, etc. And I was really impressed. Not long after getting it I stopped in and they gladly help print out info on what warranty was left, any TSB's or warranty performed on the vehicle, etc. One thing that stood out when I took it in for service, was when I went to pick the vehicle up, the advisor informed me that they found it slightly out of alignment during the multi point inspection, but she just had the tech straighten it out. My jaw probably hit the floor. Sure enough, it was probably just a minor tweak according to the print out, but I KNOW most places would have made the call to try and get $100 out of me. I'll end up spending more money there in the long run, with the peace of mind they're not trying to fleece me for every dime they can.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Even though my dad retired from Mid-Town a few years back, I bought mine new from River City and get service and parts from them. They're the closest dealer to me and treat me well.

Looking at breanne's pictures; I'd guess she's in the Crestview area too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Even though my dad retired from Mid-Town a few years back, I bought mine new from River City and get service and parts from them. They're the closest dealer to me and treat me well.

Looking at breanne's pictures; I'd guess she's in the Crestview area too.

Nope. I actually go to Birchwood Ford on regent. It's the nearest dealership to me and my bf works there.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts