Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Called Ford to get my Focus back in to service for what will likely be clutch replacement.

Oh wait - already had that done last year, and then they rebuilt my transmission 3 months ago.

Time for clutch #3. Best part is, I can't get it in for another week because there are too many other Focuses with transmission issues ahead of mine!

Happy Friday.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like this guys spirit. You up for buying a time share.
If it loses half of its value in 2 years and your wife hates it, I'll buy it.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Called Ford to get my Focus back in to service for what will likely be clutch replacement.

Oh wait - already had that done last year, and then they rebuilt my transmission 3 months ago.

Time for clutch #3. Best part is, I can't get it in for another week because there are too many other Focuses with transmission issues ahead of mine!

Happy Friday.
Hi there,

Go ahead and send me a private message with your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location.

Meagan

·
Registered
1,366 Posts

First I've read of a transmission (transaxle) rebuild. Did the list the parts they replaced? Syncrhonizers, shafts, gears, etc?

I figured under warranty they'd just replace the whole gearbox / transaxle.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
First I've read of a transmission (transaxle) rebuild. Did the list the parts they replaced? Syncrhonizers, shafts, gears, etc?

I figured under warranty they'd just replace the whole gearbox / transaxle.
Mainly the bearings and shift forks - I can get you the parts list if you're interested.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the logic of rebuild vs replace, especially at 14,000 miles and well under warranty.

EDIT: parts replaced (quoted as named on parts list)

FORK-GEAR SHIFTER (x4)
BRG ASY-RR AX DIFF (x2)
BEARING-TRN S INPUT S
SNAP RING-TRANSMISSI
RING INP/SHAFT GEAR
OIL SEAL-TRANS REAR
SEAL-INPUT SHAFT OIL
SEAL-RR AXLE (x2)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi there,

Go ahead and send me a private message with your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location.

Meagan
I will be sending you a private message. Thank you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts