Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had off work today so I detailed the crap out of the outside of my car, I probably could have done better work but I was in the process of helping my mom add more tanning beds to her tanning salon so my arms were a little tired.

I credit most of this beatiful detail (haha just slightly arrogant) to my new Adams Polishes detail kit. The swirl remover did WONDERS for my car as did the clay bar.

- Notice the complete absence of swirl marks 8)

- There is one small big splat by bottom of my hood because of an emergency run for iced tea at the local gas station lol

- This is my favorite picture I've ever taken of my car.

- No photo shoot would ever be complete without a shot from behind ...

·
Registered
758 Posts
I'd like to try a clay bar, but I hear its hard on the paint, cuz it removes the clearcoat. That true?

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
^^ive wondered that as well bizzy, i wana order some but i dont wanna ruin the c.c. but nice job dude, loves very shiny [:D]

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As long as you have lubricant on the clay bar it does not harm the paint at all, its only abrasive to crap above the surface. It works like that because the clay actually hydroplanes across the surface of the paint so it only touches the contaminants above the clear-coat..

I still wouldn't recommend doing it every-time you wash your car, but the suggested time frame is about once every 6-12 months depending upon the environment your car is exposed to.

THIS is a pretty interesting read about detailing clay. If you look around on that site they have a lot more info for detailing your car.

Thanks for all the praise, I was hoping you would like it!!!

·
I don't care
8,446 Posts
Car looks great, nice work! I've always liked that shade of Blue, just different enough to set itself apart from other blues out there.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Its funny how 2 simple mods, clear grill and clear corners can change the entire appearance. so clean....nice work man, keep it up [thumb]

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SVT_BMXer said:
Its funny how 2 simple mods, clear grill and clear corners can change the entire appearance. so clean....nice work man, keep it up [thumb]
Thank you very much!! I think those 2 mods (being the only exterior work Ive done) have made a world of difference. I didnt really expect anyone to notice the clear grille though.

The grille lenses looked a lot more clear when I had the stock white bulbs in them, but when I switched to the orange bulbs to stay legal I ended up with an ugly orangish tint.

Im seriously considering the SVT front bumper because the color of my bumper is just slightly off from the rest of the car. It was repainted due to a fender bender under the previous owner and I dont think the color was matched up very well. I am kinda hesitant though because I dont know how well it would fit in with the rest of my car.

As for the Adams Polishes, I cant recommend this kit enough. After using the swirl remover the paint has that beautiful "wet look" all the time. Even before I used the swirl remover my paint looked awesome, but my paint looks like glass now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts