Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
painted the headlights *waiting on my black grill paints coming off showing the gray* P.S. how you like my ford emblem lol

my duratec sticker*same with grill you can see it now*

painted stock wheels and calipers and alittle shot of the zx3 in the works in the back

·
I used to drive this
3,342 Posts
Nice ride, looks good with the drop. Really clean lines. I like black but has to be a mug to keep clean though.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
macdiesel said:
Nice ride, looks good with the drop. Really clean lines. I like black but has to be a mug to keep clean though.
Thanks,yeah pita to keep her clean,when i go visit my parents there drive way is 1/8 mile long all gravel dust dust dust [?|]

·
Registered
279 Posts
Nice car! I'd loose the Duratec sticker though. The rims look good! Did you paint them yourself? Looks like you did a good job on the headlights. I painted the headlights on the black 05 focus we have. They are a pain in the rear to do.

·
Registered
758 Posts
looks great! not really digging the duratec decal though, just looks like another sponsorship logo, maybe if you did something more stock looking and moved it to behind the front wheel? or possibly the quarter panel?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my buddy owns a vinyl shop gives me pretty much what ever i want unless its hug then i just pay for the yinyl and thats it.just messing around ith it i gonna take them off one day or another they are not stright [:D]

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yep painted the wheels myself prolly one of the easier mods right under shortie att. or debadge but i looking for some 17 for it and some wide wheels for my zx3 cause it looks retarded with a widebody kit and stock 15 on it [screwy] like to get some 15x8.5 weld drags to put on it or something

·
That Iowa Guy
6,147 Posts
I agree with the rest, the duratec sticker doesn't really flow well. Other than that it looks great!

·
Registered
422 Posts
nice st, the wheels look pretty good.

oh ya, loose the sticker, like everyone else has already said, lol.

·
I don't care
8,446 Posts
Car looks great, especially the job you did on the wheels. But I have to agree with others, lose the Duratec sticker. Maybe you could have your buddy do one smaller or more discreet like someone else mentioned and place it somewhere different.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I LOVE how you painted those stock rims !! I have the same rims I might do this.. can you tell me exactly how you did it, and how to do it ? what kind of paint? etc... thanks !!!!! [:D]

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
duplicolor wheel paint forgive my spelling on that....got it at pepboys the only place i have found that sells it in black used four cans one per wheel.Painters tape i love painters tape pick where you want to mask (how much lip you want) tape it off now use small pieces don't try to use one long piece to tape the rim you will get a wrinkle and the paint will get under there then you will hate yourself...now this is your call you can sand them with 320 or 400 i used 400 you don't use primer with this paint so when you have em sand clean them up and look to make sure your tape is still good and not coming up if its good then paint away with the directions on the back of the can p.s. you need to tape the tire or get a piece of cardboard and cut a hole the size of your rim out then you use alot les tape and its easier to paint and remove also have fun at it and don't handle till its dry [thumb]

one other thing make sure you get the lug holes real got with the sand paper it hates to stick in there

1 - 14 of 14 Posts