Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wondering are there any free mods or tricks that you can do to pick up some hp or mpg? what would i have to do if i wanted 200hp with out a supercharger or turbo.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
without supercharger or turbo? pretty much a K&N panel filter, and probably a tune.... (cold air intake, if you really want to.....but the SVTf's stock airbox flows really well though so I bet you'd get away just fine with a K&N panel air filter [thumb])

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
A lot of money and custom engine work that will cost more and drive worse than a supercharged or tubo'd SVT. This is not an easy cheap bolt on car, I wish it was. Good luck.

A TON of threads on this, try the search.

BTW:[cheers] [welcome] to FF!

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
you cant get 200hp without S/C or Turbo. something free you can do is a lunchbox delete, pretty much hacking off your muffler and adding piping and a tip or just run without it.

Reactions: svt2nv04

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeh ive ben reading around on the forum most guys with a tuner exhaust and intake make like 150 160 im sure id be fine at that. i dont think im gonna put an exhaust on it i like it quiet idk maybe ill put a high flow muffler on it or something i drive 35miles (like 45min) to work with it everyday so i dont want it to drone or anything my truck does that at 60 to 70 and after driving for ten min and hearn that i want to pull the hair out of my head

·
Registered
808 Posts
get a cai, exhaust, and a tune from tom. your sound depending on exhaust choice(HKS/Borla) will still be nice and low, and not make your car sound like an angry swarm of grasshoppers. you wont hit 200 with that but the car will make you smile.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
^^
X2. That's basically the setup I had before I got my blower and I loved it. I also got much better mpg once the car was tuned.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeh im prob gonna go with a tom tune and intake for now for an exhaust i like the way the mbrp one looks but idk how it sounds

·
Registered
808 Posts
there are some sound clips in the exhaust threads here, there are also several on youtube, just do a search for svt focus exhaust.

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
The counterweight removal is a nice free mod but it doesn't add any HP or increase MPG.

As far as getting to 200hp without FI, you're not, at least not nearly as cheap as it would cost for a blower or boost. Since you're asking about free mods here, I doubt you're interested in spending the amount of money it would take to get to 200hp without going FI [thumb]

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeh i should have done my reading before i askd that question. after i searchd around i realize that if you want that kinda power its gonna cost a pretty good amount of $$ which the car is my daily driver so im not gonna do anything crazy with it just a programer and intake

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
now my uncle has the exact same car just blue and every time we race my car is faster no matr what. could my car already have a programer? how would i know?

·
Registered
385 Posts
No.
You can but one of Toms.
Does your uncle have an SVT?

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
now my uncle has the exact same car just blue and every time we race my car is faster no matr what. could my car already have a programer? how would i know?
The black ones are faster. You didn't know that?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well isnt it actly a downloader? im the 3rd owner of the car so couldnt the 1st person have maybe put one on there and forgot to take the download off?
and what are you talkn about black ones are faster?

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
everyone knows that black foci are faster, but competition orange slightly edges black

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
lol! I have never heard that before! Are black and orange ones really faster than say a red or yellow one?

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Yea, unfortunately yellow is the slowest...usually .2 seconds slower 0-60. I lucked out and got a sonic blue and they're not too far behind the pitch black versions.

·
Registered
251 Posts
No there not faster. The orange ones burn up to quick. The black ones are black so they can head easy. The yellow ones blind you so you cant tell there slower. The blue ones are heavier (water weight) But the red ones are much faster (race car red)[race]

1 - 20 of 31 Posts