Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at other SVT foci's on cardomain.com and i saw this guys car and he showed how he removed that worthless P.O.S side snorkle on the intake box he showed how to remove it and how it improves the trottle response.....its not major....but IT MAKES IT SOUND GREAT! from 3-7 rpm its much deeper tone than stock. here the link it should work... http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=236203&page=5

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Been there, done that. It makes absolutely no noticeable change in performance. Yes it makes the intake louder but that's about it. In fact UltegraSTI claimed a long time ago that it's actually dyno-proven to LOSE horsepower, probably not much but why give up any of the little power we have?

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
DiscGolferGreg said:
I've been looking for a way to keep up with those Vettes. [limp]
[rofl]

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Basically if u want a beefier sound go for it

·
Registered
975 Posts
Yeah i tried it alittle awhile ago and went for a drive i can feel somewat of a difference but it does sound beefier..iono maybe its me but i sorta felt the difference in throttle response...awell its fine till i get my intake..

·
Registered
88 Posts
EuroZX3Focus said:
waste of time, if you want the sound buy an intake and actually gain performace [thumbd]
I wouldnt call its a waste of time, its free and it takes not even 5 minutes to do it, and it definately makes for a much beefier sound.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Try sucking air through a coffee stirrer...then try it through a soda straw...notice a difference? Same concept...it helps...minimally...but it helps.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Seems like the guys at SVT would put that little snorkel there for a reason.

·
Registered
88 Posts
ManlySVTfocus said:
Seems like the guys at SVT would put that little snorkel there for a reason.

They did. It was to silence the intake noise. Guess they thought we wanted a quiet car [???:)]

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
you guys are slow, that resonator removal is like so year 2000, cus like people have been doing this on zetecs since like the focus came out and stuff.....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts