Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when i bought my ST it had a MBRP exhaust..for sale by the way...it was too much drone at WOT. I installed a Ford Performance...which seemed like a perfect blend of quiet when tooling around and punch when getting on it....However, at 80mph and over it starts to fill the cab with excessive noise. I am a commuter and drive 94 , 23, and M14 at all kinds of speed all the time..I needed to cut the sound down more....Sooo, i am replacing the front Ford Performance “can" with an OEM front muffler. My buddy Ray at Ford Performance said it will probably do the trick. Why not go back to the whole OEM enchilada?....i can’t handle the looks of the OEM exhaust tips. I am sure they are cool, i just don’t get them..
I will create the monster on Saturday.

·
So mote be it
8,903 Posts
Only thing I dont like is blending different pipe diameters but if not chasing performance, there is nothing wrong with using the OEM stuff. That being said, i dont know what size the FRPP stuff is vs OEM, just guessing its different.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Only thing I dont like is blending different pipe diameters but if not chasing performance, there is nothing wrong with using the OEM stuff. That being said, i dont know what size the FRPP stuff is vs OEM, just guessing its different.
My thoughts as well. Good point They both are 21/2
the MBRP was 3” Thats why it bellows like a Baritone

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
also , Ford Performance told me the stock exhaust is more than enough flow and larger exhausts add nothing....except sound

·
Registered
148 Posts
Not sure on the Focus but on my Mustang the cats(4 of them) are the main flow restrictions. Exhaust improvements are usually most effective after mods are done in my limited experience(mostly V8's). First thing I do on a V8 is new mufflers but not for performance.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure on the Focus but on my Mustang the cats(4 of them) are the main flow restrictions. Exhaust improvements are usually most effective after mods are done in my limited experience(mostly V8's). First thing I do on a V8 is new mufflers but not for performance.
I have OEM GT500krs on my custom 06 Stang. Just amazing sound with absolutely no drone. Sound as nice as a classic Fender tube amp.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So do you still have the aggressive sound with you get on it? I'm looking for an exhaust for my 14 but don't want it to sound like a weed eater with no muffler. Like to find something quiet until I step on the throttle.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,452 Posts
So do you still have the aggressive sound with you get on it? I'm looking for an exhaust for my 14 but don't want it to sound like a weed eater with no muffler. Like to find something quiet until I step on the throttle.
Install a d/p using the oem flex back first.....That'll add performance + change the tone of the exhaust.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts