Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the other thread about the guy wanting to pnp his own head . My question is I wanna go s/c . If I get a fr head and put on a supercharger it will lower my boost . I thought getting a pnp head wouldnt do anything to the boost . I thought pnp would increase the flow of air and gas and exhaust . So I thought after you got one of those heads and put forced induction on it would give more power than before. Please explain it to me because I dont want to spend an money on something I dont need.

·
Registered
732 Posts
well i think MOFOCUS1, is gonna get a new head n he goin sc, he is actually doin the m62 set up cuz the m45 isnt that much of sc, but talk to him about this

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
when u increase flow you will lose boost because of it. it makes sense if u think really hard about it, pnp'ing will make power just lose boost, i really wish we had some dynos to compare... but the thing is, will u want to spend 2600 for a little more hp when u could spend 750, get the head, mill it, and get aggressive cams and race exhaust and probably make the same power.

mofo is doing a custom job with a dif blower so he will be able to boost more than the m45 (non svt blower)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
okay but does the head come milled or will they do it for you. I would like to reach somewhere over 200 whp. Well what if when the big boost kit for the jrsc comes out how about that. I dont have the cash to buy a turbo , and there isnt any dyno shops around here . So like what would I need to possibly get that much hp? Thoughts anybody anybody anybody.
This is going to be a project for me for quite a few years I not going to get rid of the car. If Im going to sink this much money into it ,it's not going to be sold . I appreciate all of the answers that I get thanks.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
whether you go turbo or supercharged. the realtive mods youll need tyo make the same power on each are pretty relative, if you go supercharger, youll want to tune as well and having a dyno is still good

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
200 hp will be tough, i wouldnt get the JRSC and mill the head, runnin 7 psi on raised compression and stock rods is bad.... look at the vortec system u can hit 200 with that, wont be very cheap though....

with the fr head, milled (www.mcnewsautomotive.com can help u out with that or any local shop), stage 3 cams, full exhaust, good intake system, ported 2k mani, some small build ups, u can make close to that much power

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
yeh bout as far as youll get w/the JRSC and bolt ons is 180

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
Boost = pressure. CNC'd ports and bigger valves = free'r flow = less pressure. The s/c packages out there now are designed for stock compression. If you are going na...then mill.
If you are going FI...keep stock compression. JRSC is limited in ability to "compensate" for the increased air volume flow as intake ports/valves and exhaust ports/ valves...headers, hiflow/race cat, larger diameter exhaust... are openned up for better breathing. As of today, the only solution for major power is turbo. Since you can taylor the size/boost output of your choice of turbo/ trim....where as s/c's need pulleys and the Vortec has the JRSC beat in terms of potential.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
yes, but if KB put out a decent charger, id take it over vortech anyday[thumb] mmmm twin screw

1 - 11 of 11 Posts