Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy Friends,

I am sure most of you think I am crazy due to my experience with the tranny. WELL....this proves I am not!

I picked up my car last week and drove it that long and guess what I had to tow it to the dealership because I felt it was unsafe to drive after my wife came to.my office this morning and threw the key on my desk and said I will not drive that car or put our children in it. My spouse took my 2015 Mustang key fob, stormed out leaving me in shock. Mind you this was the third time and three dealerships later repairing the DCT.

I rode 45 miles with the flatbed driver and arrived at the dealer. Soon after the tranny tech and service manager drove off on a test drive they came back and said we are going to replace the clutch packs again it was weird but the amount of hesitation and noise justified it. It feels.like you are starting off in fourth gear and about to stall. That is the sensation.

I.cannot believe 2 years 6 months and 30k miles later I am still dealing with a tranny concern. If I had a wooden match I would toss it in the engine bay and put it out of its misery. A car I truly loved.....

·
Registered
130 Posts
I would send it down the road and not consider another Ford DCT equipped vehicle until they can prove its reliable.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Let me be clear they finally admitted the clutch packs were contaminated last week on the third time. The tranny mech said he did 32 cars already and this was the first failure. Sigh....

·
Registered
97 Posts
i know how you feel. My SE hatch is currently at the dealership because the transmission is still slipping and it stalled twice on the highway.

The 13 Focus SE rental i have drives fine.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
...I rode 45 miles with the flatbed driver and arrived at the dealer. Soon after the tranny tech and service manager drove off on a test drive they came back and said we are going to replace the clutch packs again it was weird but the amount of hesitation and noise justified it. It feels.like you are starting off in fourth gear and about to stall. That is the sensation...
I've updated your case notes, and I see your CSM was in touch with you yesterday with a follow-up scheduled for today. Please let me know if there's anything else I can do.

Meagan

·
Registered
747 Posts
I still can't believe you bought a new mustang after all your Ford trouble. I'd have jumped ship after fix clutch pack #2.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I know you said the clutches were contaminated but have they looked at the TCM as possibly an issue too? There is a warranty extension on those too... my '13 SE HB former rental had to be repaired at 18 and 20k later it still drives great... I just have to do some floored shifts a few times a day getting on/on the freeway and have zero issues with my DCT, I actually really like it!

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
I still can't believe you bought a new mustang after all your Ford trouble. I'd have jumped ship after fix clutch pack #2.
the mustang doesnt share the transmission with the Focus so why not? The Focus and the new Fords in general are really good cars. he just had issues with the DCT.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
It has a torque converter lol. You don't fault a while manufacturer line because of a LEMON I missed the lemon law by four months.

Dealer called me today. The car is in the air receiving a new tranny whatever the hell that means and will be available tomorrow.

Meagan,
I respectfully request a complete history including mechanics note since delivery of my car. Something I cannot get from any dealer they tell me it's warranty and not possible. Bunch of hooey, being polite here. My mailing address is on file.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I've updated your case notes, and I see your CSM was in touch with you yesterday with a follow-up scheduled for today. Please let me know if there's anything else I can do.

Meagan
THE car ran like dog poop. PERIOD. Who knows why I need a forth tranny repair after the third one was a week ago. You think I would be Less tolerable after all these incidents with miami dealers and Ford.

HOW DARE A Ford MIAMI Stealership REFUSE TO TAKE MY CAR!! How shameful is it to have me drive 50 miles to another county to repair my car! Does Ford realize the time and expense I incurred? Lets not forget they stole my car and took it to lunch while under repair (thanks Youtube), refuse to service a warranty repair, lets not forget incompetence. I think I have been a peach! I treated the present dealer with the utmost respect even thou I still have the same issue. Again a peach. The worst thing is its is ALL on me. I missed the lemon law by four months. I guess being a peach has its downfall.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
...Meagan,
I respectfully request a complete history including mechanics note since delivery of my car. Something I cannot get from any dealer they tell me it's warranty and not possible. Bunch of hooey, being polite here. My mailing address is on file.
Since I'm not a technician, I don't have access to that info, and I also am unable to mail out anything in general. I double checked with my manager, and she said that's something your dealer would be able to provide. I recommend continuing to work with them to get the info you need.

I checked into your case, and I see your CSM was in touch with your dealer regarding the repair & testing, and that there will be a follow-up call to you on the 9th.

In regards to the dealer you mentioned taking your car out for lunch, I can document your feedback on that. Please link me if you've made a post or thread about this, otherwise, please send me a message with details (including when, dealer name/location, and what you were having worked on) as well as the YouTube link.

Meagan

·
Registered
747 Posts
the mustang doesnt share the transmission with the Focus so why not? The Focus and the new Fords in general are really good cars. he just had issues with the DCT.
I haven't had Fords long enough to develop any brand loyalty I guess. A few bad experiences would make me switch. The last brand that I really cared about was Saturn.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Since I'm not a technician, I don't have access to that info, and I also am unable to mail out anything in general. I double checked with my manager, and she said that's something your dealer would be able to provide. I recommend continuing to work with them to get the info you need.

I checked into your case, and I see your CSM was in touch with your dealer regarding the repair & testing, and that there will be a follow-up call to you on the 9th.

In regards to the dealer you mentioned taking your car out for lunch, I can document your feedback on that. Please link me if you've made a post or thread about this, otherwise, please send me a message with details (including when, dealer name/location, and what you were having worked on) as well as the YouTube link.

Meagan
I am in possession of the vehicle now. I just picked it up. Regarding the you tube video, I enjoy it on there and it gets tons of laughs and the old saying..."wonder what really happens when I leave my car at the dealer" :)

Its been played here before. GUSFORD1 and GUSFORD2 are the key words. That's not me driving or anyone I know. They left the car, running, unattended, in a bad area for 30 minutes. That is when the motion detection times out. What happened after 30 minutes I have no footage. As for why it was there being serviced....take a guess :) Here is a hint...it does not have a torque converter.

You know I appreciate all your help Meagan. But if I do not rant once in a while, I will lose me marbles.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I know you said the clutches were contaminated but have they looked at the TCM as possibly an issue too? There is a warranty extension on those too... my '13 SE HB former rental had to be repaired at 18 and 20k later it still drives great... I just have to do some floored shifts a few times a day getting on/on the freeway and have zero issues with my DCT, I actually really like it!
^^this

I've read similar stories from people who've had no problems. Once mine gets back from its warranty repair I will do this. (When I first got the car, the salesman just said to drive it like a regular automatic, which has turned out not to be the best practice based on testimonials from you and others...)

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I am in possession of the vehicle now. I just picked it up. Regarding the you tube video, I enjoy it on there and it gets tons of laughs and the old saying..."wonder what really happens when I leave my car at the dealer" :)

Its been played here before. GUSFORD1 and GUSFORD2 are the key words. That's not me driving or anyone I know. They left the car, running, unattended, in a bad area for 30 minutes. That is when the motion detection times out. What happened after 30 minutes I have no footage. As for why it was there being serviced....take a guess :) Here is a hint...it does not have a torque converter.

You know I appreciate all your help Meagan. But if I do not rant once in a while, I will lose me marbles.
I completely understand about ranting, it's only human to want to do it. I'll be around if you ever have any other questions while still on this forum. Saw on another post that you were getting a Fusion, so if you end up on a Fusion and/or Mustang forum one of my coworkers are on, you'll be in great hands there, too.

Meagan

1 - 17 of 17 Posts