Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent the weekend in Albany, New York.

2012 Focus's all over the place. They must have a direct factory connection.

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
I'm starting to see quite a few around Buffalo. Of course none of them are as sweet as mine.

·
BACON?
3,170 Posts
I see a ton of them around me, kinda near Boston. There is a ford dealer right down the street from my work, which could explain it. I think most i see are sedans.

·
Registered
967 Posts
My last time I said how many I saw was about a month ago it was 3, now im up to a whopping 4. Still not many around me. Oh and they've all been hatchbacks. I must have ordered the only sedan in the Toronto area...lol

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I've only seen a handful around here. I have a 20mi commute to school and have seen a nice Yellow Blaze hatchback there, Ft. Pierce area for anyone in FL.

Also have seen an Ingot Silver around town driving the same road at the same time everytime I've been in the same vicinity, coming from I95.

Another once on my way back from Ft. Pierce on US1, and it had a federal tag on it.

Only a couple local... an SGM hatch, and a Frosted Glass hatch.

I'm in Vero Beach, btw in case any floridians are around.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I see around 4 a day here in St. John's. Half are hatches and half are sedan. No dominance over the other, which means hatches are bouncing back. :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm less than 50 miles from Albany and I've seen one in the last month, in Vermont. Placed an order on a blue candy SEL hatch on 8/11 and have yet to receive a VIN.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm less than 50 miles from Albany and I've seen one in the last month, in Vermont. Placed an order on a blue candy SEL hatch on 8/11 and have yet to receive a VIN.
Welcome to our nightmare of the waiting game :p contact a person here under the name ford customer service and they can do a search and try n get you some info

I see around 4 a day here in St. John's. Half are hatches and half are sedan. No dominance over the other, which means hatches are bouncing back. :)
Hey buddy fall is soon, when u gonna place that order?

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Add another 2 to my local list. A black SE hatch and idk the other, just saw the keyfob hanging on the rack in the gym, lol.

·
Registered
683 Posts
There is so far one other '12 FF in Millinocket, an SE sedan owned by an elderly couple. We were admiring each other's cars the other day.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'll venture to say that Ford maybe directing these cars to where the jobs are? I too am in the People's Republic of Massachusetts and see a lot more of them around here than when I was in Maine a couple of weeks ago (high unemployment there). Just would make sense to do it this way?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'll venture to say that Ford maybe directing these cars to where the jobs are? I too am in the People's Republic of Massachusetts and see a lot more of them around here than when I was in Maine a couple of weeks ago (high unemployment there). Just would make sense to do it this way?
It makes sense for blind orders from the dealer hoping to sell them off the lot, but why should it make a difference on custom factory orders? They should take care of people with money in their hands first. Five weeks tomorrow since the Dora was posted and still no VIN. I like to support American companies, but my patience is nearing it's end. If I don't see some action soon from FoMoCo I may cancel my order and buy the Elentra that I could drive away today.

·
Registered
788 Posts
It makes sense for blind orders from the dealer hoping to sell them off the lot, but why should it make a difference on custom factory orders? They should take care of people with money in their hands first. Five weeks tomorrow since the Dora was posted and still no VIN. I like to support American companies, but my patience is nearing it's end. If I don't see some action soon from FoMoCo I may cancel my order and buy the Elentra that I could drive away today.
Did you ever think that the dealership you ordered from does not have any allocation, or because this is such a popular vehicle, orders may be backed up? There could be a shortage of parts, vendors can't keep up with demand or the factory is filling orders for certain trim levels at one time. I waited 9 weeks to get mine when I ordered in March and I saw a bunch of S's and SE coupes and hatches on lots before I received my VIN. Calling Ford isn't going to speed up the delivery of your car. You say your patience is nearing its end, seems to me you have very little patience. You also say you like to support American companies, that's great, so do I, but if you feel comfortable buying a Hyundai, go for it. American assembly workers will pay taxes on their salaries, it's only the profits that will leave America.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Funny CrazyDave because I was at wedding in Thousand Islands last weekend and heading north from PA up the 81 cooridor there were about a dozen I saw each way on 7 hour ride each direction through eastern NY state.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I was in Ogunquit ME last week sitting on a roof top bar watching the world go by on route 1 and was amazed at the number of 12 Foci that went by.

Granted not as many as I see south east of Boston where I live but still more than what I expected to see.

I am outside Philly this week for work and I don't recall seeing any.

·
Registered
152 Posts
You've only been waiting 4 weeks, 2 more and u should get a vin, and it will go faster from there, they are backed up, the dealers u see getting cars probly ordered them before you placed your order, everything is backed up, im on my 8th week right now, should be soon... i hope..

1 - 20 of 45 Posts