Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So, it's been a minute since I've lurked the forums here (and I've been very much enjoying my Saturn SC2 - 2002) but I've really been missing the interior quality/feel to the Focus.

So I started looking and comparing Cobalt's and Foci's again.

I ended up finding this:

2002 Ford Focus ZTS

I have called and talked to him, and he said it has no mechanical or drive-ability issues, aside from the A/C not working. Unfortunately, it's an automatic again, but I could learn to live with it for that price!

It does seem to good to be true, since it's right around $2,000 under KBB/NADA value. What do you guys think? I have plans to test drive it tomorrow night, that is, if it doesn't sell before then...

w/ my magic bag
seems like a desent price for a zts. The a/c very well could be O-rings & a recharge.

Registered
These early Focus cars have always gotten a bad rap from auto reviewers. I had a 2000 Focus sedan for my first one and traded it in at 45000 miles with no problems for my current 2002 ZX5 Zetec w/auto trans. Still drive it every day after 13 years and closing in on 225K miles. Still runs and looks great. The drivetrain is still all original. Clean retail on that ZTS is $4000. So the price is great and it says negotiable so maybe less if you end up buying it. Good luck.

w/ my magic bag
I'd say the spi was one of the main problems.

Old Phart
ZTS avoids that, with the peppier Zetec that doesn't have the SPI potential issues.

(Adds the rear sway bar as well, for nicer handling)

Hi again Denny!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts