·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
so is this kind of thing legit guys?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Looks like it has front-end damage, the engine or trans may be damaged in some way. I'd ask for more pic's, and if it looks good, take it.

·
Flipping Rockstar
16,788 Posts
Looks like it has front-end damage, the engine or trans may be damaged in some way. I'd ask for more pic's, and if it looks good, take it.
And I'd do it soon, 'cause I'm fixing to swoop up and scoop this thing! j/k I wanna swap, just can't afford it, yet. I say start up a dialog with this person, and yes, get as many pics as possible. And if the resources are available to You, pick it up Yourself, so You can do a physical inspection of the block...

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well I would buy it but I have NO money. I was just checking around craigslist cause people here said they find deals all the time. I found this and it sounded too good to be true. But I figure getting an engine and tranny to tune while you keep your reg engine just in case wouldn't be bad. You know, back ups are never bad.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
the engine would probably be fine, but the intake manifold would probably be damaged in some kind of way.

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
i think its pretty legit. if you pick it up, you can just swap parts off your old motor.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
yeah its legit, i bought a tranny outta a wreck w/ 33k mi on it for 90 bucks

·
Dumbledore dies?!?!
3,123 Posts
Looks like it hit a pole or something. So, I don't think its hurt the engine or tranny.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts