Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've been working on a custom turbo project for a while now and just recently decided to scrap it. Trying to do it without another car and a hell of a lot of time is pretty much impossible. In hindsight I should have listened to the other guys who said it's a lot easier just to buy a kit- now I'm stuck with lots of random parts. Just wanted to throw a word of caution to anyone thinking about doing it. Not trying to deter anyone with the time and money, just know it takes a LOT of both...

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
...Now what... Don't know what all you've got invested, but if I can make it from Ohio to N.Belmont N.C., SURELY you can make it from Boone N.C. to see what you and Tom can pull from the ashes...[thumb] What are ya 1/2 hr away from Tom's...??

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It sounds like maybe I didn't describe it right- the car's fine just gave up with the homebrew turbo kit. What I have sitting is various charge piping (some is fab'd up), a TO3 turbo, turbo mani (they sent me the wrong one and i didin't realize it till it was too late, very small intercooler off a MX3, lots o vacum tubes and I'm sure some other stuff. I'm glad I waited on the BOV, boost gauge, and some other stuff...

·
Registered
633 Posts
i am putting together my own turbo kit.. im about a little less than 2 weeks..
shoot me a pm of wat u have.. i still need some parts that u may have.

·
Registered
61 Posts
why are you giving up it sounds like you have a good start. every ones who does a home made turbo kit runs into probs like that.

·
Registered
523 Posts
what turbo is the mani for?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts