Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should say found and fixed. I have an '08 2 door coupe. Ever since the car was purchased I've read and heard about the suspension noises. Lubricated everything I could find, and still an annoying and amazingly loud squeak going over certain bumps, even backing out of the garage.

Was able to isolate the noises and it's not suspension. It's what I assume are brake lines and/or brake line on one side and maybe gas line on the other.

On the drivers side this line was rubbing in two places: 1. where it was between a heat shield and the frame, about 1' in from the side of the car, near the back edge of the door. (remember I have the coupe). 2. was where this same line passes through an eye bolt, near the side of the car and back maybe 8".

On the passenger side, the line was rubbing only where it went through the same kind of eye bolt.

I "insulated" each with some sticky backed velcro (all I had, most anything would do that will stay in place) and the noises are GONE!

Anyhow, hope this helps someone else. It's a lot easier to check this out if you have another person stand at the rear quarter panel and push down repeatedly; it's how I isolated it. I guess given what was causing it, I'm amazed it could be so loud; looks like Ford had the line wrapped already.

·
Registered
209 Posts
that would be the e-brake cables. same thing happened to me (I have a 4 door), and yeah increadibly annoying! but some grease on the eye bolts and problem solved!

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Good info, will have to look into it on my car. (2010 sedan)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I thought about greasing up the eye bolt where it passes through, but opted for putting something a little quieter on the hose itself. If/when that comes off I'll go with lubricating it.

I'll tell you, it's the most aggravating noise, and I was 100% sure it was from the rear suspension; sounded just like a bad shock/strut/spring, whatever. To find out was then something as simple as a hose rubbing- - - I was shocked.

I hope this saves someone else the time laying under the rear of the car while someone else bouces it- -

·
Registered
229 Posts
Shit. I have been hearing this since I lowered my '09 Sedan with the FRPP kit and swore it was something with the rear suspension. I will get this looked at on Sunday when I go to work!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shit. I have been hearing this since I lowered my '09 Sedan with the FRPP kit and swore it was something with the rear suspension. I will get this looked at on Sunday when I go to work!
When you see it, you won't believe something as simple as a tube going through an eye hook can make so much noise.

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
Got a pic of the thing in question?

My rear end has a weird creak noise that I doubt are my bushings now after the amount of grease I've packed into them

1 - 8 of 8 Posts