Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hadnt seen anyone with this shifter yet. I cant find the post, but someone put a stock shifter from an 05+ Mustang on theirs. So, obviously they used the same thread pitch. I found this shifter from UPR. It feels 100% better than the stock one for some reason. Not sure why, but it feels more fun to drive, seems to compliment the short throw. Anyways, I ended up using one of the reverse lockout rings from CFM so I could screw the new knob all the way down onto the shaft. Had some goof ups installing it (a shift knob I know), Id just reccomend some lock-tite if anyone else gets one.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Knowing the 05+ mustang has the same thread pitch is good info, as I recall the GT500 has a pretty sweet looking knob, I'll need to see what the gear pattern is...

EDIT: Damn, reverse is on the wrong side for my SVT. Oh well...

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Along these lines, I'm 90% positive the Focus C-max has the same shift pattern as the SVT, they probably use the same getrag gearbox; anybody ever find one of their gear knobs online to order? I emailed european-parts, got no reply, wasn't very shocked.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
You guys do know the Ford GT shifter has the same pattern as our svt's. The thread is different but very easy to change.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts