Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a great meet up on the dragon this year and had a blast driving even with our little mishap in the woods...no names shall be mentioned though. Hopefully we can get a crew together next year for a better meet!

Video:

I have some video too but i didn't think it was worth uploading but i can if you guys want to

·
Jetsetter
6,659 Posts
looks like he took a corner a wee bit too fast...

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
**cough**
MichaelXi said:

I was the first car behind Rickter when he pulled this amazing trick.
We were going about 30 MPH in a train, stuck behind some local traffic. We had laid back a few so we'd have some clear room to enjoy the turns. In the Left-Hander just outside the left of the above frame, (We were coming from viewer's Left in the above pic), there was a camerawoman shooting pix from the right shoulder.
The way I saw it, Rickter got distracted a bit by the camera just as he accelerated, and as we entered the right-hander that he nosed off of, he entered too early and set his right-side wheels off in the grass. The rear broke traction and swung to the left. He countersteered correctly, but lifted at the same time, and the tail whipped to the right. he over-corrected from that one, and the tail whipped back to the left, placing him roughly 90 degrees out of kilter, nose pointed to the right.
I Thought that he had it saved, until the last minute, when I gasped as he shot off of the road at about 10 MPH or less.
I jumped on the radio immediately to let those ahead of us know that we'd lost one, and quickly pulled over, as did the guys behind, to go survey the situation.
I had no idea what I'd find, because it was a STEEP Incline.
As I got there, Rickter and his passenger were out of the car.
Nobody Hurt, No Airbags, and No apparent damage.

He had managed to miss a metal road marker pole that had already been visited by someone else, and he had put it right between a handful of trees. The bad news was that despite no obvious damage, the car could not be driven or pushed out at that angle, so the word was sent out for a wrecker.
I waited for a few, but I had my son with me and there were plenty of folks there to supervise, so we went on our way toward Deal's Gap. Cops arrived shortly thereafter, but a wrecker took Forever to get there.

One obvious Near Miss was that if the car had gone 3 or so more feet, there was a rock ledge/dropoff that would've done some SERIOUS Damage. With that steep an incline, it was a Mystery as to how the heck the car managed to stop before Total Catastrophe.
Well, shortly after I got home, I got a call from Mutant1 that explained it all.
Apparently the car came out with No Damage except for a scuff on the Left Front of Rickter's SVT front lip.
There was a metal CULVERT (!!!!) running Under the road, and Rickter's Left Front had caught it JUST ENOUGH to stop the car!
We hadn't seen it until the car was towed out because of the dense brush and the steep incline.

Anyway, aside from a $175 tow bill, all's well that ends well. The car is fine and Nobody got hurt.
glad noone was hurt and by the looks of the video everyone was in good spirits about it!

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
good that everyone is fine. looks like it was fun with an exception of the little mishap.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
lucky...........................................
miss a pole and the rock..................

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
I wish i would have known that you guys were going to be there, i would have loved to meet up with ya.

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
Thats crazy im glad no one got hurt and same with the foci but what luck

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
looks like you guys had some fun, i'm going to make a trip down there one of these days.

and that little misshap is crazy, I would have shit my pants when I came to a stop. That's a steep drop-off.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
i will ahve to go one year. and so will a lot of the focus nation crew. (as far as i know out of nation haveblue 83 was the only one so far...)

·
70 100 70 70 : (
1,978 Posts
WTF hahaha!!! i thought it was a joke when i saw the sonic blue like that haha!! then i saw the police.. what happnd!

Is that focus on rota attack?, just bought a set for my svt

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah i normally only come to this board once in awhile and completely forgot to post that we were headed up there IM SORRY!!!!...anytime anyone wants to head up there i dont live too far away so we can do another meet sometime soon!

And i also forgot to post the story but it looks like that was taken care of!

·
I used to drive this
3,342 Posts
Looks like a blast despite the off roadin'. Want to hit the dragon up before I die.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
yeah i figured those who dont look at both boards wouldnt have seen the other post thats why i quoted it.... puts some insight into it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts