Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any experiance with a Rockford Fosgate Punch HE subwoofer or a Infinity Perfect subwoofer let me know about your experiances.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Infinity Perfect subs are absolutely awesome. Their VQ or variable Q subs have been given very high ratings around the world and also by CA&E magazine.

I have never been a real fan of Rockford equipment.

·
Mr. Wizard
937 Posts
I was gonna say, they aren't really in the same class, the RF Punch HE is the low end, the HE2 is more comparable, but I don't have an opinion on the perfects, I hear they are a great SQ sub, I have the HE2 and I love mine, and I've never seen one blown. And I've run more than 400W RMS to it. (It's rated for 400W RMS). Not to take anything away from Euro, he knows just as much about this as anybody does. I'm just saying that sometimes a speaker blowing can happen for alot of user related reasons, ie poor tuning, severe overpowering or underpowering, wrong enclosure volumes. For what you showed though the perfects are better.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
i actually dont know a ton about subs, but i know ive blown 3 he2s. my amp is a mtx61000D its a class d amp rated over 1000watts. i paid around 650 for it wholesale back in the day, its gotten cheaper since then still a great amp. i just cant find affordable subs that dont blow. im going to just get a 13.5" jl audio w7 and put a whole in the wallet soon

·
Registered
34 Posts
That's like comparing a Yugo to your focus and asking which is better. The Perfect is awesome i have one right now bought it over a w6.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm goin with the Infinity. I'm planning to get the 4-ohm DVC and wire it down to 2-ohms. Has anyone had any experiance with Alpine's digital mono amps?

·
Registered
8 Posts
i have three infinity kappa perfects in my car and i popped my windshield out at the top!!! sounds amazing infinity speakers are the best there are!! no doubt!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts