Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know most have moved on to xbox 1 and fm5, but some of us, like me, still play on fm4. I was wandering if anyone wanted to have weekly races like it used to be done on here. I never got a chance to take part in those, but it sounds like it was fun.

So if there is enough interest in this, I was going to try and do the first race night on January 25, around 8 pm cst. Race course and restrictions would change every week, with the winner of the race choosing next week's track and restrictions.

Leave a post in here or pm me. Xbox gamer tag is jfrye2007.

Edit Below :

Due to my short notice on the track info and requirements, lets make the first race on Jan 25th be kinda like a practice run. That will give anyone else interested time to tune a car and get some laps in on the track. We will run the REAL race on the following Sunday at the same time. Jan 25 will be a day to run whatever you want. More of a fun day to get to know each other a little more or something.

Rules for EVERY race :
1. Damage Difficulty will always be on Simulation to add realism.
2. Must be CLEAN racing. We know accidents will happen, but dont intentionally wreck another person for payback or any other reason.
3. The winner of each race (starting February 1), will have 24 hours to determine the restrictions for next weeks race. These are unlimited restrictions, so if you want to limit Vehicle Weight, Driveline, Power, or anything else, you are free to do so. This also includes the racy type, such as drag, drift, circuit, or whatever you choose. If the winner does not respond to this thread by 10pm CST on Monday Night, then the 2nd place finisher will take this role.
4. Have fun with this. Im just trying to bring our community a little closer with this and have fun at the same time.
5. IF THESE RULES ARE NOT FOLLOWED, I WILL KICK YOU FROM THE LOBBY AT THE RACE THE FOLLOWING WEEK. YOU WILL BE ABLE TO RACE ON THE FOLLOWING WEEK

Below is information for the first race.

Winners
1. boostedbeast Winner of 10 lap circuit race at Maply Valley Full Circuit R3 Class

Race information

Date : February 1, 2015
Time : 8pm CST (Missouri)

LOCATION - Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

VEHICLE - Any Mustang including Ford, Shelby, or Saleen

MODS -
Engine MUST remain stock
Race flywheel
All Race Suspension with full cage and weight reduction
All Race Drivetrain including transmission and differential
Race tires, full width, any wheels
Bodykits allowed, but NO FORZA AERO
No engine, drivetrain, or induction swaps allowed

RACE LENGTH - One 20-minute session

NOTE: All driver aids will be left on

I will edit this post every week with the new restrictions. I will also have a list of previous races for anyone who wants to know.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Absolutely in. I work shift work though and would miss 1 night each month. Can I designate a respectable alternate for those weeks?
We can try to figure something out. I only chose Sunday nights bc that's basically my only guaranteed night every week.

·
Registered
49 Posts
If we aren't doing any points tracking per week, then I guess it won't really matter if I miss one race. I just don't like missing out on the fun of new builds.

Will we find out what the first challenge is on the 18th?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im still working on setting up a general format to follow. Things such as vehicle class, weight limits, hp limits, track selection, and such.

The first actual race will be on Sunday January 25th.

I also wasnt planning on trying to do a point system, as it doesnt seem like many people are even going to be doing this. Just trying to set something up here for fun. I know I would like to have more people to race with on forza.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm actually working on finding clean racers to run with. I have some guys that I used to play with from FJ and LMG (Like-Minded Gamers) on Facebook. They were a good time and were quick to help out anyone who was struggling.

I know a bunch of them have converted to FM5 and XB1, but several of them still sign on to XBL and play Forza 4.

Wilko, Rev, and I were running "challenges" where you pick a car within a given class and run 3 races, lowest combined score wins. We would run things like top speed, mile drag, and then a circuit, kinda like an "Ultimate Streetcar Shootout" deal. Only a couple of us participated and it was only for bragging rights, but it made us start to build these ridiculously high-horsepower cars that could still handle well.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Well, I think I have my car together for the 25th if the conditions of the race do not change. It's the Gallardo LP570-4 "800R" in my SF if anyone wants to check it out before the race. It's RWD with full Forza aero and, as usual, the tune is free.

Sidenote, but does anyone on here know how to tune RWD drifts cars on here? I think I've got a few things figured out, I just want to get a better idea of how it's done without using AWD.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry for the delay here. First race is this Sunday at 8pm. It will be 10 laps at Maple Valley circuit. The only restriction is R3 class and below, which is limited to 800.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I think I have my car together for the 25th if the conditions of the race do not change. It's the Gallardo LP570-4 "800R" in my SF if anyone wants to check it out before the race. It's RWD with full Forza aero and, as usual, the tune is free.

Sidenote, but does anyone on here know how to tune RWD drifts cars on here? I think I've got a few things figured out, I just want to get a better idea of how it's done without using AWD.
I suck at it. I usually go overkill on power and then cant control it. So I stick to AWD and I still suck.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Got your message on XBL. I should be sub-1:32 consistently with a few more tweaks. I took the other tune down from my SF because when really pushed it just slid all over. Need to get it solid around that first big sweeper.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks like I've got some more work to do. Lol. My best lap I've done in the last 20 laps of tweaking and trying to get a car right was about 1:37.796. Surprisingly enough, that was in a S class Evo 8 that sits right at 700. Lol I don't even think my little RS200 was hitting that fast, and it's sitting I think just a few under 800.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I would imagine that the RS200 probably doesn't have much top speed because it's an acceleration monster. Usually you have to build a car to have both. Also, the track isn't easy to tune for because of the bumps, elevation changes, and low-grip surface. I think I have my final tune done. I softened the suspension and added some ride height. Not perfect, but it does the job when I hit my marks.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The RS will do near 200 if I remember right. I'll double check tonight, but I was thinking I did about 212 at LeMans track.

Also, did you read the first post? I have updated it with information. Pushed first real race back a week since I forgot to post in here what the restrictions were. This Sunday will just be like a whatever goes race night

·
Registered
49 Posts
I reread the original post. I have to check my work schedule to see if I will make it on the 1st. The only time I won't (once a month) is when I have to work nights. I'll get back to you.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No problem. I hope that more people join besides just the Two of us. I mean I wouldn't mind 2nd place every time, but would be a lot better with more.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I won't miss a Sunday race until February 22nd. This next Sunday I have to work days, but I'll be home before 7 pm Mountain Time (8 pm Central).

I also messaged some of the other guys I have raced with in the past to see if they wanted to join us. They are all clean racers. I will let you know when I hear from them.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I won't miss a Sunday race until February 22nd. This next Sunday I have to work days, but I'll be home before 7 pm Mountain Time (8 pm Central).

I also messaged some of the other guys I have raced with in the past to see if they wanted to join us. They are all clean racers. I will let you know when I hear from them.
Sounds good

·
Registered
49 Posts
NEXT WEEK: Mustang Time Attack (Sunday, February 1st)

LOCATION - Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

VEHICLE - Any Mustang including Ford, Saleen, or Shelby

MODS -
  • Engine MUST remain stock
  • Race flywheel
  • All Race Suspension with full cage and weight reduction
  • All Race Drivetrain including transmission and differential
  • Race tires, full width, any wheels
  • Bodykits allowed, but NO FORZA AERO
  • No engine, drivetrain, or induction swaps allowed
RACE LENGTH - One 20-minute session

NOTE: All driver aids will be left on