Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had 2 cars in my yard a '97 Crown Vic Police Interceptor and a 2000 Black ZX3 auto. I love my ZX3 and its in my favorite color(black)! I live in Iowa and SVTs are VERY hard to come by in my area. Then my friend said he saw a black 2 door in a dealership! I was there the day he told me about the car! I couldnt resist the temptation and bought me a '03 Black 2dr SVT by tradeing in my other 2 cars.
It has 22,000 miles I paid 12,000.00 (they wouldnt budge on price[:(] It has red seat inserts and a moon roof. I LOVE it. My ZX3 is a great car but there so many nice little touches and refinments in the SVT interior compared to my ZX3 and even the out side features painted mouldings and nicer paint.
I coudnt hardly drive a stick and it was quite an adverture driving a stick 45minutes home!!!
[8] I had quite a few people giving me looks, the finger, yelling or just laughing! I guess I thought my skills were a little better than they were [?|] But now with some pointers and practice Im driving it alot better!
This weekend I am going to slap on my OZ racing ultraleggera rims as my first mod!

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Grats on the SVTF!! You are learning to drive one of the hardest cars to launch properly so if people give you crap I say, SCREW them, you will do just fine once you learn your car! In the mean time, enjoy your baby, I know I LOVE mine!!!!

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
i know exactly how you feel. i've never driven a manual till the day i brought mine home [:D]
you ARE going to love your new baby! congratulations [thumb] did it come with traction control?

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
the only thing i love about it is the buttwarmers lol

tc is incredible, but horrible for drag racing!

·
BAD EGG
7,418 Posts
Dude I couldn't even imagine trying to learn stick on this car, lol. Anyway, welcome to the SVT fold man. Ownership is a killer experience! [thumb]

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Haha, don't feel bad...you aren't the only one that learned to drive stick with the SVT ;)

Although i didn't drive it home when i got it (got my father to since he knew more at the time) I did drive it to work the next day. And what usually takes like 5-10 minutes to drive to...I managed to turn it into a 30-45 minute drive. But everyday was an experience and everyday i got better and better. I personally think i still have a lot to learn on driving it...but as long as i'm not grinding gears, burning the clutch or stalling i'm fine :)

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
wow, i have never driven anything but stick(not to sound cool) learned on a camaro. hey and welcome to the show.. the world is your to take now!

·
Registered
299 Posts
wow so much love when you get an svt damn im going to have to me one too!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They are pretty nice cars! To be honest I never went out looking for SVT I was very happy with my ZX3 and I was just going to keep modifying that but when I found out they had an SVT for sale in my area, I was shocked! Since I had a ZX3 I already knew quite abit about the SVT model and I always thought they were nice cars. As soon as I saw it at the dealership lot I knew I had to have it! But dont get me wrong the regular ZX3s, ect... are still great cars and they do have the advantage of having more aftermarket parts and can be made as quick as an SVT realativly easy. Now I need to figure out how to get one of those build certificets!

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
from what i've heard, the cutoff period was a couple months ago to get your certificate for free. now i guess you have to pay $30 to get it.

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
Welcome to the cool kids club. It's a good car to learn to drive stick on once you master it you can pretty much drive an thing

·
Registered
467 Posts
congrats, I got rid of my 2000 zx3 for a svt and sometime i miss it (untill I shift into 6th gear and watch the needle get oh so close to 140)[:D] you will enjoy the car and support of other svt owners

·
Registered
183 Posts
I also had to learn how to drive a stick with my SVT... always wanted a Stick, never ended up with a car with one... until now...

Yeah, It was about time for me to trade in my 00 Monte Carlo SS and i wanted to get something that got better gas... I was looking to get a Focus Wagon. haha, yeah, i said wagon. I had also looked at a regular ZX3 with a body kit on it and that was it... and it looked like butt... I get off work, driver down a few blocks past Jim Miller Nissan and for some reason this Black Focus caught my eye... I'll be damned if it wasnt a SVT. Your totaly right chad about not being able to find a SVT around iowa, and I stumbled upon one when i was needing a new car... lucky me... 2003 Black SVT Focus.

Also, chad, If your ever in the Cedar Rapids Area, look me up, i'd love to cruise around with a fellow 3 door SVT.

319-350-3063
Chad (also)

·
teh tranny killer
3,130 Posts
i will eat your face...i only dream of waking up to a screamon yellow svt foci with 8psi of procharger boost and a crying rsx-s next to me...you are going to hell you know that right? just thought you would know [;)] ..have fun man and good luck [thumb]

·
Registered
3 Posts
yeah im a new SVT owner as well, and even though this thread may be dying off, enjoy the car!
i acctually had some experience driving another SVTF before i got mine. my mom (thats right, my MOM) owned a 2002 silver SVT with no factory options. she bought it new and i fell in love with it, taking every chance i coud to drive it. in fact i got my drivers permit in it! so when i saw a 2004 Red focus SVT with HIDs, sunroof, and the 9006 Audiophile system, it was over. only 14K on it and now my mom tries to drive mine every chance she gets! its been a great car to drive and the only issuses i have had were 2 wires/rods attached to the transmission needed to be replaced. but of course, ford payed for the tow,and all repair costs! so enjoy the car and i hpe you like it as much as i have been anjoying my own.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.