Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
At this point, who knows how all of this is going to pan out, over the next few years. I just got my ‘13 MK3 DCT back from Ford two weeks ago, after they extended the transmission & clutch repair until Feb ‘20. It’s driving & shifting without shudder now, however I know it’s a short-term fix & will probably come back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
580 Posts
I really empathize for you dct owners. You got nothing but excuses from ford, some unjustified blame and financial burdens sitting in your driveways.
I thank god daily that i got a stick car and barring catastrophic failure(like an exploding clutch disk recall) ill always be able to atleast drive it home.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,368 Posts
At this point, who knows how all of this is going to pan out, over the next few years. I just got my ‘13 MK3 DCT back from Ford two weeks ago, after they extended the transmission & clutch repair until Feb ‘20. It’s driving & shifting without shudder now, however I know it’s a short-term fix & will probably come back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So that'll give you a little bit to find your replacement......thou.

·
Registered
19 Posts
"Good people tried to make it work. But you can’t violate the laws of physics," engineer says of defective transmission.

Good engineers, if allowed by honest managers, find ways to use the laws of physics to do what needs to be done.

There seem to be no problems with the mechanical parts of the transmission, except for the clutches and electronics.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Good engineers, if allowed by honest managers, find ways to use the laws of physics to do what needs to be done.

There seem to be no problems with the mechanical parts of the transmission, except for the clutches and electronics.
They're trying to say they couldn't do anything but I don't think the full story or full picture will ever come to light. Why couldn't they at least speed these things up as far as shifting? At least then maybe people wouldn't have to replace their clutches so often. If speeding up the shift mapping on the TCM can do even a little to help with shudder then why didn't Ford do it?

Someone also slacked off and couldn't figure out the ever-failing trans control modules. Now I'm hearing 2016 models failing. Ford can't claim they fixed something if it continues to break.

Their lack of any answers whatsoever is disgusting. They never really tried to remedy the problems. Just wait for customers to age out of warranty coverage so then it becomes the customer's problem.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
w/ my magic bag
29,368 Posts
I knew something was up when I drove one of the 1st ones back in '11, drove a couple others too which shifted the same...it wouldn't be a issue if they used the pre '11 trans, but it wouldn't get the mpg Ford was wanting/looking for. Its a mass produced economy car, which the manufacturer doesn't make much money off of. You think the mass population would step up & pay a additional $500-$1000 or so for a modern trans, such as a dsg or similar unit?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts