Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Ford. Why don't you ADD a large readout actual speed in a digital readout in the little window between the tach and speedo.
That would be a great feature.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
How do you know that it doesn't already do that? In the older focus' you could hold down the trip computer button while turning the car on and it goes into a test mode. In that mode you can see the digital temp, speed, tach, and other functions. Surely there must be some function like that on the new ones, but I haven't seen anyone say anything about it yet.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
How do you know that it doesn't already do that? In the older focus' you could hold down the trip computer button while turning the car on and it goes into a test mode. In that mode you can see the digital temp, speed, tach, and other functions. Surely there must be some function like that on the new ones, but I haven't seen anyone say anything about it yet.
sweet! this is something to look into! good call

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've never been a big fan of a digital speedometer. Looks tacky like a digital watch. What I really miss is having the date available on a car. There's blank space next to the compass, I would really appreciate the date there.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Can you do this in a 2005??

A feature that would be nice as well the current speed on the. Overhead display in the window, like the corvettes ans some mercs ad bmw have them that very nice.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
It should but I don't know. Just get in the car, hold the trip button down, while holding down, start the car. It should say test or something like that. Then with each press of the button will take it through a reading. There is info on this in the how to section. I forget what the order of the readings are, but they are a digital readings from the computer.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hi, personally I think a digital readout would look very 80's. There are aftermarket devices available if you really want one of these, I've seen ones that project upon the front screen.
Chris

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've never been a big fan of a digital speedometer. Looks tacky like a digital watch. What I really miss is having the date available on a car. There's blank space next to the compass, I would really appreciate the date there.
It shows the date on the lcd for the radio.

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
ehh no thanks, the display for the cruise is useful, but any more than that would be too 80's for me

·
Registered
366 Posts
One thing I like about my Honda Civic, it has a large digital speed readout that
is easy to see. Comes in realy handy while navigating our 20mph school zones.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Hmmm, I don't look at my speedo as is, don't think id look at a digital one either. Although it would be cool to have the option.

Sent from my Telus Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate

·
Banned
589 Posts
LOL why do you need a digital speed readout right next to your SPEEDOMETER?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just ordered my 2012 Ford Focus Ti...can't wait!!!...

But when I was test driving different cars back a few months ago - I really liked how the Chevy Cruze had the digital speed readout, and was surprised it wasn't on the Focus as well...Especially because the analog speedometer is partially hidden behind the steering wheel and the number spacing and increments is smaller than other cars. Sometimes I like to know exactly how fast I am going in case I were to get pulled over.

Someone mentioned they like it when cars show the speed that the cruise control is set at...does the 2012 Focus do that?

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
There are free gps speedometers for smartphones (if you use a smartphone in your car). I use SpeedView lite. It's extremely accurate and you can use it as a HUD at night, that way you don't even have to look down to see how fast you're going.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hold the center button down WHILE STARTING on the left steering joypad. You will enter test mode. Scroll through and you'll find MPH and KMH displayed on the center screen.

·
Registered
609 Posts
for those asking about a test mode (i havent tried this, just read up on it ) from the Workshop manual

"To enter the IPC self-diagnostic mode, begin with the ignition in the OFF mode. Press and hold the LH steering wheel switch OK button. Place the ignition in the ON mode and hold the button until the display indicates Test or Gauge Sweep, usually within 3-5 seconds. Press the up or down arrow buttons to navigate through each of the display windows. To exit the IPC self-test mode, press and hold the OK button for 3-5 seconds or place the ignition in the OFF mode. Each button press advances the viewing window to the next set of items."

1 - 20 of 69 Posts