Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in a somewhat bad mood, at the moment. Got my car back from Ford on Tuesday night (took it in Monday night) after they updated the MFT to 2.11. I'll say this, the system works much better, although it's already locked up once (today on the way home from work)...and they messed up everything else.

I mentioned that there's a small yellow spot on the passenger-side A-pillar (right in the corner of the headliner). They said, "Oh no problem we'll take care of it". After it had dried, I now have a 2-inch in diameter spot, darker than the original...and brown. For reference, my headliner is bright white.

You might say, "Well that's easily remedied!". I'd agree. Too bad there's *ANOTHER* spot in the center of the headliner in the backseat (about 1ft behind the sunroof). It's black...and about an inch and a half long (like someone with greasy fingers just literally pawed the roof back there). Once again, you might say "That's easily remedied!". Maybe...

How about if they took it for a joyride? My car had 15 miles more on it when I picked it up than when I dropped it off. I know this for fact because I changed the oil on Saturday morning and recorded the mileage...and also I looked at the odometer when I dropped it off. There is *NO* excuse for the Ford dealership driving my car 15 miles. On top of it, they unplugged the battery to reset all of the meters...so they very well might have drag-raced it around for 15 miles, or driven it like my grandmother. There's no way to tell.

Worst part is this is the fourth car I've purchased from this dealership and they've always been great. Tomorrow, I declare war on the Ford dealership (have an appointment tomorrow morning...on my day off)

·
Registered
524 Posts
I don't have a clue why they would drive your car while it was in for an update but it would tick my off too. The other stuff should be relatively easy to fix. [boxface]

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aye the rest shouldn't be a problem. Guessing they might have to replace the entire headliner to fix the one spot (the A-pillar). It looks like some kind of oil or lubricant and seems like it's stained all the way through (was like that when I bought it). Might take awhile.

The driving thing and the spot in the middle of the headliner in the back seat though? Absolute rubbish. There will be *some* kind of compensation for this.

So far I'm thinking either free oil changes for a year or a navigation system replacement (I got shafted, sort of, in that regard when I bought my car. No in-dash navigation other than the voice-guided Sync nav).

·
Registered
671 Posts
you didn't seem this upset when you posted the update was working perfectly in the other thread lol, sucks hopefully it works out

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
I'm in a somewhat bad mood, at the moment. Got my car back from Ford on Tuesday night (took it in Monday night) after they updated the MFT to 2.11. I'll say this, the system works much better, although it's already locked up once (today on the way home from work)...and they messed up everything else.

I mentioned that there's a small yellow spot on the passenger-side A-pillar (right in the corner of the headliner). They said, "Oh no problem we'll take care of it". After it had dried, I now have a 2-inch in diameter spot, darker than the original...and brown. For reference, my headliner is bright white.

You might say, "Well that's easily remedied!". I'd agree. Too bad there's *ANOTHER* spot in the center of the headliner in the backseat (about 1ft behind the sunroof). It's black...and about an inch and a half long (like someone with greasy fingers just literally pawed the roof back there). Once again, you might say "That's easily remedied!". Maybe...

How about if they took it for a joyride? My car had 15 miles more on it when I picked it up than when I dropped it off. I know this for fact because I changed the oil on Saturday morning and recorded the mileage...and also I looked at the odometer when I dropped it off. There is *NO* excuse for the Ford dealership driving my car 15 miles. On top of it, they unplugged the battery to reset all of the meters...so they very well might have drag-raced it around for 15 miles, or driven it like my grandmother. There's no way to tell.

Worst part is this is the fourth car I've purchased from this dealership and they've always been great. Tomorrow, I declare war on the Ford dealership (have an appointment tomorrow morning...on my day off)
Aye the rest shouldn't be a problem. Guessing they might have to replace the entire headliner to fix the one spot (the A-pillar). It looks like some kind of oil or lubricant and seems like it's stained all the way through (was like that when I bought it). Might take awhile.

The driving thing and the spot in the middle of the headliner in the back seat though? Absolute rubbish. There will be *some* kind of compensation for this.

So far I'm thinking either free oil changes for a year or a navigation system replacement (I got shafted, sort of, in that regard when I bought my car. No in-dash navigation other than the voice-guided Sync nav).

if you state they have been great before with the cars you purchased there in the past, i think you should not go in there hot headed and demanding. if you want to continue to get the service you had in the past with your new car, calmly ask to speak with the service manager. let him know that you have had a good history with them and wish to continue to do so. inform him of the things that have come up since your last visit and put the ball in his court. as a dealership employee, im not sure if what you are looking for is realistic, but id at least ask for a commitment for great service. remind him that Ford will be contacting you for a survey and that you would like to give a good score, but until everything is fixed right, you may hold back good responses.

its kinda like me yelling at my fiance if she messed up doing a task she normally does well. you dont wanna go overboard over something like this.

i know they owe it to you to make things right and i believe they should. perhaps the tech who worked on it is new or isnt the best. ask to be switched to a different tech or team (my dealership has techs split up on teams).

im not trying to say the dealership is innocent, im just saying that you both owe it to each other to keep things right.

·
Banned
571 Posts
They might have driven it to check out things like the nav system. I wouldn't jump to conclusions yet.

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
They might have driven it to check out things like the nav system. I wouldn't jump to conclusions yet.
agreed. dealers have certain test routes typically that we stick to. to ensure repairs are fixed

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
A 15 mile route?
i have a 5 and 10 mile route.

they might have driven it before bringing it in to verify concerns and again to verify repairs.

·
Registered
218 Posts
A 15 mile route?
If it is surrounded by large buildings they may have to take it further away to make sure it works, or they used it for a lunch break... Who knows... This is something the OP and the service manager have to work out......

·
Registered
218 Posts
My dealer needs your help... their "test route" doesn't seem to be working.
Rusty,
Please tell me that your issues have been fixed....?

You are a patient person, but, patience is gone, now it is time to look for blood. It truly has to be a legal issue. I would hope that FCS would not crap out on you like that. The customer is always right. Stick to it and tell them to either fix it or your lawyer will be in touch. As soon as you mention your council will be in touch they will sing a different tune.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yea, they told me they were going to drive mine around to ensure all of it was working correctly.....especially the NAV. I had about 10 miles put on mine I think...they have to test it in real conditions.....not just at idle. [driving]

·
Banned
363 Posts
Rusty,
Please tell me that your issues have been fixed....?

You are a patient person, but, patience is gone, now it is time to look for blood. It truly has to be a legal issue. I would hope that FCS would not crap out on you like that. The customer is always right. Stick to it and tell them to either fix it or your lawyer will be in touch. As soon as you mention your council will be in touch they will sing a different tune.
Nope, still not fixed. They are well aware I have reached the end of my rope. The dealer says its out of thier hands and up to FMC. Area FCS rep has done everything he can to avoid a buyback and just given me a bunch of lip service. They received my demand letter on 8/1 in dearborn and have 40 days to do the right thing or it goes in front of an arbitration board.

Spent an hour last night with the SM and the GM of the dealership. SM is a decent guy who wants to fix the car. The GM is a douche, who "didn't have time for this crap" until he realized I was standing outside his door behind the SM when he said it. [:)][:)][:)][:)]er had the balls to say he'd had a rough day at the golf course and was behind on ordering his cars for the day.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't have a navigation system other than the Sync one (not the map-guided). There's no reason at all to drive the car around. Hit the start button, notice that the bluetooth module doesn't work and various other bugs I explained all show up immediately, then update the system.

It was there for an update, not for a checkup. There's no need for a 15 mile journey. Absolutely nothing was being done except an update for the MyFord Touch system. That requires the car running while it updates (so it doesn't lose power randomly)...and turning it back off when you're done. There are no other steps.

And to the first few repliers: As I said, the MyFord Touch system works, for the most part. It locked up for the first time today (only 2 days), but other than that has worked well. To the other guy, I'm not planning on going in there screaming, I'm just preparing myself in case I need to. I don't understand people that take crap and just back down...I was special operations in the United States Air Force and it has a habit of showing when I get pushed.

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
i wasnt saying that you were to take crap and back down. i was saying to not go in there acting like an you know what and burning your bridge.

i was in law enforcement and it shows on my end and i have to have people remind me to cool it before it gets me in trouble.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Nope, still not fixed. They are well aware I have reached the end of my rope. The dealer says its out of thier hands and up to FMC. Area FCS rep has done everything he can to avoid a buyback and just given me a bunch of lip service. They received my demand letter on 8/1 in dearborn and have 40 days to do the right thing or it goes in front of an arbitration board.

Spent an hour last night with the SM and the GM of the dealership. SM is a decent guy who wants to fix the car. The GM is a douche, who "didn't have time for this crap" until he realized I was standing outside his door behind the SM when he said it. [:)][:)][:)][:)]er had the balls to say he'd had a rough day at the golf course and was behind on ordering his cars for the day.
Yeah, that kind of crap dont cut it. We are just minnows in his world, hell he could lose $5k a day and not give a crap... Until the owner of the dealership knows what is going on... That golf happy GM POS will be eating ramen in no time. Make sure you fill out a survey on the dealership.....
Seriously, You must! Guys like that are old school and either need to die or sell Toyotas to old people.....

·
Registered
128 Posts
Ahhhh I understand your frustrations completely!!! I took my car in for the update yesterday morning.. I picked it up after work, they said everything was fine. It was already after 5pm so I just drove off the lot. Every single thing on the MFT was ass-backwards!!!! If I pressed Nav, it brought me to the radio.. if I pressed radio, it brought me to Climate Controls.. if I pressed Climate, it brought me to Phone, and so on and so on.. EVERY single button was off... you could see the button tabs, but I couldn't click on them, I'd have to touch around the screen and "touch" the right spot for any function. It was awful so I called right away and they said to bring it back this morning at 7:30am when they open.. They said it wouldn't be long so I waited (eventhough I had to be in work at 8) I ended up being there for 2 hours!!! Everything seems okay now.. we will see!!

I couldn't believe they didn't check this before calling me and saying its done and ready to be picked up.. if they had checked it they would have noticed all of these problems!! Apparently they forgot to Callibrate the system after installing the update.. so every single button was off its course of where they were supposed to be.. good thing was, my Sirius Radio pre-set stations were all saved, I wasn't expecting that!! Hopefully its okay now.

I dont know why they'd drive 15 miles with your vehicle though.. I'd be prettttty upset!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts