Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you about the S body lit and honeycombe trapezoid?
FYI, UK Zetec trim = North American SE trim level.

With it comes the more powerful version of the 1.6-litre Ecoboost engine already at the heart of the petrol line-up. Producing 180bhp and 199lb ft of torque in overboost mode, it improves the Focus’s 0-62mph time to 7.9 seconds.
Around the beefier powerplant, Ford has hung all the usual Zetec-S trinkets. A bodykit is the obvious addition, but underneath the car has been treated to stiffened springs and dampers, while the cabin gains sportier front seats and a slightly better standard of trim.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/CarReviews/FirstDrives/Ford-Focus-1.6T-180-Ecoboost-Zetec-S/260142/

This link is an image library for Ford where you can search for specific vehicles......click start searching and add Focus and 2012.5 to find more images. There are a couple of images of the Zetec S interior http://imagelibrary.burrows.biz/ford/Home.aspx
NOTE- the image library is Euro market

·
Registered
277 Posts
I like it. More subtle than the aftermarket kits but still aggressive.

Possible "SES" trim for NA, minus power upgrades?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Things like these make me want to go back and live in Europe again! (Dad works for Ford, lived over there for a couple years). Europe gets all the power...when will America? =/

Posted via iPhone 4S

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
Europe gets all the power...when will America? =/

Posted via iPhone 4S
Considering the 2013 Shelby GT500 will have the most powerful production V8 my guess is next year.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Considering the 2013 Shelby GT500 will have the most powerful production V8 my guess is next year.
I can afford a Focus, not a Shelby! Why don't we get a 1.6, global car my ass. Why the Eff doesn't Ford give us any of this, not just ranting, why doesn't Ford seriously give us these options???

·
Registered
112 Posts
I can afford a Focus, not a Shelby! Why don't we get a 1.6, global car my ass. Why the Eff doesn't Ford give us any of this, not just ranting, why doesn't Ford seriously give us these options???
If you want a quick focus, you could always consider the ST?

I also wonder which transmission this car got? The manufacturers provided limit for our US model was like ~200ft/lbs torque. Seems like it 199ft/lbs is cutting it close.

·
Registered
422 Posts
My question is why aren't we getting these engines or new trim levels that Europe is getting

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just because Europe gets some versions we don't doesn't mean it's not a "world car". I'd like to see the 1.6 turbo over here too.

The bodykit is a bit much though; the front is fine and I like the honeycomb grille mesh but the sides look too heavy.

·
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17
4,888 Posts
That lip kit looks really good. I have to get my side skirts smoothed and colour-matched at some point.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you want a quick focus, you could always consider the ST?

I also wonder which transmission this car got? The manufacturers provided limit for our US model was like ~200ft/lbs torque. Seems like it 199ft/lbs is cutting it close.
The Zetec S shown in the image is 6 spd manual. No spec sheet yet showing optional equipment.
In Estonia the Focus equipped with the 1.6L EcoBoost 180hp is offered with the 6spd manual tranny only. No automatic or dual clutch offered with the EcoBoost
Focus.

Re the Sport trim shown is for UK & Ireland only so it is market specific. Ford Europe does alot of this market specific trim options.

That said, the UK new Focus launch back in March did not include the higher output 1.6L EcoBoost, which the rest of Europe received.
So I feel good for my UK Focus pals, finally getting the choice of the 180hp EcoBoost.

Both 1.6l EcoBoost 150hp & 180hp are selling big time in Germany, and cannot understand why Ford N.A. is taking so long to get this implanted in the North American Focus.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Re the Sport trim shown is for UK & Ireland only so it is market specific. Ford Europe does alot of this market specific trim options.
Thats what I wanted to know. Stupid Ford NA. [bash]

·
Registered
191 Posts
What I don't understand still is not only why we don't get some of the goodies, but also where everyone is getting their times...

"Producing 180bhp and 199lb ft of torque in overboost mode, it improves the Focus’s 0-62mph time to 7.9 seconds."

Yet another seemingly incorrect number similar to other auto mags and reviews... I have properly clocked my bone stock American spec (160HP) Focus 0-60 time at 7.5 seconds in S mode (with traction control on), and that was before getting the update on the transmission, so I might get better results now that the dual-clutch is working as it should (and with traction control turned off of course). I just don't get where these slow numbers are coming from (everywhere from 7.8 to 8.6 depending on where you look). I'd also like to point out that my gathered time is only .2 slower than what my friend clocked in his stock 2010 Mazda3 for those who claim the Mazdas are so much faster than our Foci...

I love the body kit in these pics too and think it's a damn shame we don't have something like it here (even though they have had the MKIII there a year longer). I hope Ford wises up soon and starts giving us some of this Euro flavor this side of the pond.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What I don't understand still is not only why we don't get some of the goodies, but also where everyone is getting their times...

"Producing 180bhp and 199lb ft of torque in overboost mode, it improves the Focus’s 0-62mph time to 7.9 seconds."

Yet another seemingly incorrect number similar to other auto mags and reviews... I have properly clocked my bone stock American spec (160HP) Focus 0-60 time at 7.5 seconds in S mode (with traction control on), and that was before getting the update on the transmission, so I might get better results now that the dual-clutch is working as it should (and with traction control turned off of course). I just don't get where these slow numbers are coming from (everywhere from 7.8 to 8.6 depending on where you look). I'd also like to point out that my gathered time is only .2 slower than what my friend clocked in his stock 2010 Mazda3 for those who claim the Mazdas are so much faster than our Foci...

I love the body kit in these pics too and think it's a damn shame we don't have something like it here (even though they have had the MKIII there a year longer). I hope Ford wises up soon and starts giving us some of this Euro flavor this side of the pond.
MK3 was launched at the exact same time in both Europe and North America.

For your times, try clocking your time to 62mph to compare to the Euro 0-62mph, not 60mph.

·
Registered
191 Posts
MK3 was launched at the exact same time in both Europe and North America.

For your times, try clocking your time to 62mph to compare to the Euro 0-62mph, not 60mph.
Even if the extra two mph takes my time up a couple ticks I still am baffled by car mags and reviews showing times above 8 seconds, and still shocked that a car with 180hp and a turbo isn't any faster than mine with 160hp and no turbo... And I could have sworn the mkIII was in Europe a good six months to a year before we had them here, but I could be wrong, I'm no expert, just a fan. I'm just trying to point out that the new Focus is faster than people think or give credit. And it's just crazy that Ford, a company born in America, gives us so little of what the rest of the world gets for models we have here too, especially under the "One Ford" banner... The Focus isn't the only vehicle Ford has let flourish outside the States without giving us a piece, another example is the Escape... It took them far too long to bring the Escape and Kuga together and give us a new small SUV that truly competes smd doesn't look outdated our awkward when compared with the rest of the line... I just really hope Ford opens their eyes and gives us the opportunity to enjoy some of the Focus goodies other contries are already seeing before too long... Hard to see how stuff will sell if you don't even offer it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts