Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my car in for service.The clutch had to be replaced,but instead of resurfacing the flywheel the dealer replaced it. The flywheel is covered under the warrenty, but the dealer says ford will not warrenty it because the clutch damaged the flywheel.The warrenty say" Failures of covered components due to normal wear are included,in addition to mechanical breakdowns". Does this not qualifie and if not could someone please explain why?

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
BS! Theres a spacific TSB for that problem and could even cause you to have to get a new trans. There was a problem with the dual mass flywheels and they caused problems including damaging the input shaft. TSB #04-21-19

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think i'm over the milage for the tsb. I belive you have to be under 36,000 for that.

·
Registered
549 Posts
yeah...i am curious if you have to be under 36,000 miles too..my clutch feels weak to the point if i try and spin the tires all it does is bog and i smell clutch...is the tsb still good after 36k?

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
They can always PO5 it. Call Ford directly at 800-392-3673.

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
whats PO5 ?

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
im keeping an eye on this thread. my service writer says that he cannot replace my clutch/flywheel cuz it is a 12mo/12K mile wear item. please tell me that this TSB lasts for the life of the powertrain warranty. at idle, it has the bearing sound, and i have noticably wear in the past year. clutch should be this bad already. i have only done 1 burn out, and havent raced very much. the TSB has alread been performed back in May of 2004 and Aug. of 2004. i have been dealing with the noise since like 25K miles. i dont know if it is documented on the Oasis report or not. its been 9mo since i had 1 printed out. again, please tell us that TSB is good for more than 36K miles. thanx

·
Registered
549 Posts
im at 37k miles, and i have some minor mods on my car, i drive it hard but i dont do burnouts or race it. i have never raced it actually. the clutch definitly feels spongey. i have a feeling even if the tsb is good after 36k, they will throw abuse at me, they already did when my cv axle went bad.[:(!]

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
the first and only burnout i did was this past saturday. the first right turn i took, i noticed the clunking coming from the right axle. but it went away with @30 miles. and i havent heard it since. i know stuff dont fix itself. what does anyone suggest. im at 39K

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
When the flywheel is known for trouble and does cause trouble in just about every svt there is, it would go 3/36. Ford knows theres a problem with this setup and shouldnt give you much of a problem fixing it. They can do a PO5 coded repair order which is for "beyond warranty repairs" and you would simply have to pay like a $100 deductable. How many miles are on your car? What you should hear scammer is when you lightly rest your foot on the clutch pedal (especially if youre likeat a drive through) you can hear a rattling sound coming from the trans. Mine is fixing to be replaced next week here at work.

·
Registered
549 Posts
well in your experience mike, do you think i should return my car to stock as much as possible? i know it probably just depends on the dealership i end up going to. or can we call that ford hotline and get something in writing to help the process?

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
it is terribly noticable when i first start it in the morning and noticable whenever i depress the clutch 1-2 inches. so even though im at 39K miles they should replace it, given a possible deductible. also, what about that shaft you mentioned in another thread making a thud noise after turning the car off. is that something that should be inspected? and if it is documented that the clutch was making this noise before my 3/36 was up, they should perform the TSB for free right? my writer kept saying about the 12/12 warranties and that it isnt a recall. dude didnt even knew what "revolt.build.rise" meant. sorry for so many questions. thanx

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
All i can tell you is that theres a problem, they know it, and honestly, ANY dealership could PO5 this tsb. If they give you crap about it, call that phone # i posted earlier.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
The TSB includes inspection of the input shaft for possible wear and damage. If theres damage present, they will replace the whole trans because its not considered servicable. Thats the same same shaft i was talking about, but a different noise.

·
Registered
549 Posts
i had my inner cv shaft go bad at 29k miles, they blamed it on my lowering springs that i had on for 3 months. i paid for and replaced the axle myself. are they going to have a record showing my car was lowered and caused this problem? i heard someone say that they put a "flag" on your record.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Send me your vin# and email address and ill send you your report.

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well ,Ford told me that it was up to the service manager to do the PO5 on the tsb.The service manager told me that it didn't qualify.So after argueing for an hour with this guy I paid my bill.I get in my car and the f-ing thing won't go into reverse and my check engine light is on.WTF! I've been without my svtf for over a month now all over my clutch. I hate to say it ,but I will never buy another Ford . The dealership and Ford neither one stand behind their product.The service adviser actually got in my car and forced it into gear and said "I got it in with no problem." I looked at him and said you [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]g ass hole I just watched you jam my [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]g gears. get the [:)][:)][:)][:)] out of my car and get the [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]g thing fixed right.I can't belive a dealership can operate like this and ford just keeps telling me that they can't do anything about it.

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
focusonthefocus said:
I'm thinking they don't like you.
I have to agree ,they gave me a chevy aveo for a loaner car this time.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts