Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on my third attempt at installing the latest MyFord Touch/Sync update, each one of these attempts have left me with an idling car for over an hour and a stuck installation screen showing installing 3 of 6

So I figured since there is something messing up I might as well go ahead and chat with tech support to see if they could point me in the right direction on what to do.

This is what I was greeted with:

That was possibly the least helpful bit of information I've received from tech support and to end with contact your dealer if fairly unacceptable too. There was no attempt even to help me walk-through other possibilities for a solution or even the ability to upgrade to a higher trained tech.

And for the record I have contacted my dealer in the past and was basically told either do it yourself or sit in our waiting area for 8 hours while we install it, which I find unacceptable too.

Has anyone else had a pretty lame response to their tech questions? Is there a better way to get somewhere? Maybe a phone number or e-mail I can reach out too?

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
service manager at the dealership, talk to him, tell him your predicament and tell him to straighten it out. you shouldnt have to wait 8 hours, make an appt. and have them give you a loaner or drive you home. both should be doable.

that's all I can think of... sorry you're having such issues :/

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
What update are you doing? 2.11? Is it possible that your car already has it?

·
Registered
395 Posts
What update are you doing? 2.11? Is it possible that your car already has it?
I dont think SMR even gives you option to download if you already have the 2.11... atleast it doesn't even show the option for me cause I already have it.

To the OP all the phone customer service is allowed to do is guide you on how to master reset, pair a BT phone, and pull fuses. That is as technical they are going to get with you.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was trying to install 2.11, didn't it just come out?

And I find it odd they have tech support which is useless. I think that irritates me more then a broken car.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
2.11 has been out since July, the USB DIY install has been out as well for a few months I believe.

Check your MFT info for your current version...

if you see 11134, you have 2.11, if you see 11081, you have 2.10.

·
Registered
48 Posts
install took a while for me .. i think over an hour. I just left the car running and came back hour and a half later lol. Seemed fine.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I checked and I do not have 2.11 installed currently. I'm going to try to head over to the dealership after work today, but they will probably tell me it's to late in the day...sorry I work for a living guys!

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Tell them to get it done, and give you a loaner. It shouldn't be too terrible for them to make a customer happy if they want your business again!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I checked and I do not have 2.11 installed currently. I'm going to try to head over to the dealership after work today, but they will probably tell me it's to late in the day...sorry I work for a living guys!
It's really poor Ford service you have there. Here, almost all Ford dealers are working in shifts (from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and from 5 p.m. to 12 a.m.). And it is not uncommun to have the car ready even at 3 a.m. in the morning. At least in my area. They do have one shift in the summer time though.

·
Registered
146 Posts
It's really poor Ford service you have there. Here, almost all Ford dealers are working in shifts (from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and from 5 p.m. to 12 a.m.). And it is not uncommun to have the car ready even at 3 a.m. in the morning. At least in my area. They do have one shift in the summer time though.
Lucky! I've had really good experiences so far with my service dept but they at 7am to 6pm M-F. Also some hours on Saturday, but I'm not sure what they are as I've always used them M-F.

I have a really easy time dropping it off on my way to work, picking up a rental (I have 1st day rental with my warranty), and picking it up on my way home. But in previous jobs, I would have loved extended service hours.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Any resolution on this issue? Did you succeed by just leaving it at that screen longer? Mine is stuck at the same point.

UPDATE: Nevermind... apparently while in here looking for a solution it's since moved onto the updating service packs screen.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I actually dropped my car off at the dealership last night, the service manager took care of everything for me and even got me an Escape loaner. I also inquired about the TSB and he said he hadn't heard much about it but told me he would make some calls and get it in motion.

So today after work I was getting ready to pick up my car and I received a phone call, apparently there was more wrong with the transmission then a bad program and they are attempting to figure it out. They did inform me the Sync issue was completely resolved though!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts