Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i go to ford today to pick up my new valve cover gasket and selonoid.(as i am sure you have all done) and hoping to pick up my new copper plugs. then they tell me thay had to cancell my order for the plug because they cant get them. is they any other place where i can get the motorcraft copper plugs???????????????

thanks
seth

P.S but at leave i got the selonoid and new gasket on [thumb]

·
Registered
511 Posts
focus.c-f-m.com

And pick some other goodies while you are at it =)

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
I wouldn't believe them. They are probably just being lazy about things. It is reaaaaaally hard to believe they can't order plugs for a car that is nearly new.

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
Agreed, just try an aftermarket source. CFM, Mcnews, Newedge...any of these guys should have 'em.

G

·
Have them check their computers again. My ford dealer changed the number to SP463, no longer shows in their database as AZFS22CF4.

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
MISVTfocus said:
I wouldn't believe them. They are probably just being lazy about things. It is reaaaaaally hard to believe they can't order plugs for a car that is nearly new.
Slightly off-topic, it is actually pretty common (and annoying) that Ford discontinues parts pretty fast.

·
Registered
442 Posts
my "ford" dealer (its called haley i think theyre mostly a toyota dealership) couldnt get them. they ordered them and they never came.

·
Late for Dinner
15,332 Posts
^^ huh?
I just ordered a crapload of stuff a couple weeks ago, no problems getting anything. even the azfs22c plugs
Only thing that will be a problem are piston rings since fords vendor screwed them up, but they are getting back into the system.

sounds like some people just have lazy partsmen at their dealership is all.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I went to my local Ford parts desk last week to get the same plugs - was told NO - we don't stock em.

Ended up getting them from C_F_M.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Just over a month ago I got some. The dealership also told me the did not stock, but ordered them in in just a couple of days! :)

·
Registered
196 Posts
They may not stock the parts we need but they can get them in. Some will be harder to get than others too, but a company should still be making parts for one of their vehicles for atleast 7 years after the last production model. atleast thats what I was told..[dunno]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.