Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to increase the value of my 2001 SE Ford Focus sedan for later down the line, and when on a service trip to Ford over a year ago, I noticed the Ford motor company line of remote starters.

I was told by one of the service techs that only Ford remote starters only be installed, ever. And that third party remote starter manufacturers can basically F-up my car. Was he pulling my leg or has anyone else installed a third party remote starter without problems?

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
aftermarket remote starts are perfectly fine as long as they're installed right. i've had mine on my car for almost 2 years now and haven't had one bit of trouble out of it. the nice part about aftermarket is the fact that they can do much more than factory installed ones such as being able to change the run time and things of that nature. the other thing to keep in mind is that along with the remote start, you can typically have an alarm added the car at the same time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, cool. Thanks for replying. I knew something sounded fishy about that whole schpiel he gave me. I figure if I take it to a reputable shop, its not going to cost me over 400 w/ tax like at the Ford manufacturer.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
not a chance for just remote start. that's about the price range for the remote start/keyless entry/alarm with installation around here. . .

·
Registered
147 Posts
i have a two way alarm with remote start....i love it...i paid 500 for it...and it was worth it :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts