Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 220 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the dealership on 20 July 2011 @ 1400 hours booking an appointment for an oil change, when service manager approached me to inform me that they just released a new update for the MFT.

I almost got it done immediately however the tech was booked until Tuesday. So I guess it's 9am Tuesday for oil change and finally a MFT update.[burnout]

·
Registered
263 Posts
Thanks for the heads up! I'll be calling my dealer in about an hour to see if they have it and to see when I can get it done.

·
Registered
444 Posts
hopefully this is out my way as well...will be calling tomorrow to see when i can get it in for a upgrade.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Just called my local dealership and the idiot couldn't tell me if he had an update or not, but after being on hold for about 5 minutes I was told all updates are $200. This is ridiculous. Even if this one is supposed to be free, if future updates cost $200, I am going to be pissed. What is to stop them from releasing incremental updates every few months just to make a few extra bucks? This is BS.

EDIT: I guess I should point out that this dealership does suck. They are about 5 minutes from my house, but I drove 45 minutes away to buy my car at a different dealership. The salesman there was awesome, so I've emailed him to see if he knows anything about the update and if there should be this high of a charge. If you live in the same area as me, do yourself a favor and stay away from Livermore Ford.

·
Registered
263 Posts
do not pay for this update, there should be a TSB put out on it.
What does TSB stand for, just so I can sound a little more like I know what I'm talking about when I call another dealer? Also, do you have a link or anything that shows this?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Good people down there, that is where I picked mine up as well.
Small world. The financing lady was really nice too, but I can't remember her name. It sucks that they are so far from me though. I doubt I'll ever get to use their free 5000 mile oil changes. As I said earlier, don't take your car to Livermore Ford, or San Leandro Ford either. They put a nice big dent in the quarter panel of my Mustang when it was in for service and refused to pay for it. [chair]

·
Registered
671 Posts
What does TSB stand for, just so I can sound a little more like I know what I'm talking about when I call another dealer? Also, do you have a link or anything that shows this?
A TSB is a Technical Service Bulletin. It is a service advisory. It is not necesarrily an admission that there is a problem, nor that what the TSB is about has a recall about it and sometimes they ARE able to charge you for TSB's but in this case I believe they should not.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just called my local dealership and the idiot couldn't tell me if he had an update or not, but after being on hold for about 5 minutes I was told all updates are $200. This is ridiculous. Even if this one is supposed to be free, if future updates cost $200, I am going to be pissed. What is to stop them from releasing incremental updates every few months just to make a few extra bucks? This is BS.

EDIT: I guess I should point out that this dealership does suck. They are about 5 minutes from my house, but I drove 45 minutes away to buy my car at a different dealership. The salesman there was awesome, so I've emailed him to see if he knows anything about the update and if there should be this high of a charge. If you live in the same area as me, do yourself a favor and stay away from Livermore Ford.

This is a warranty fix and not an improvement. My MFT reboots at least 3 times a day and usually when I start up and attempt to back up. There is no way they can charge to repair your MFT, I would call them back and if they still insist on charging then call Ford Head Office, forget about customer service.

I have had the vehicle for 67 days without MFT even going for one trip without problems.

I again strongly urge you to take this much higher up the food chain.

·
Registered
263 Posts
This is a warranty fix and not an improvement. My MFT reboots at least 3 times a day and usually when I start up and attempt to back up. There is no way they can charge to repair your MFT, I would call them back and if they still insist on charging then call Ford Head Office, forget about customer service.

I have had the vehicle for 67 days without MFT even going for one trip without problems.

I'm checking with a few other dealerships first before I start to cause a fuss. This dealership is clueless.

·
Registered
74 Posts

May even try taking it higher up the chain within the dealership (if you hadn't already). They should really take care of you on this.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Well my dealership didn't know anything about it yet, and will call when they do. They didnt mention any price yet. It's just software, there has to be a way we can do it ourselves.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
When one of u gets the update completed can u post here exactly what the update was supposed to b for and if it was successful in fixin all our mft problems. Thnx

·
Registered
18 Posts
Major MFT upgrades will most certainly always be done by Dealerships. They require multiple steps and take upwards of an hour from start to finish.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I LOL'ed when I read this:

"I now have Gen2 v2.11 and with a quick look I see no differences from version 2.8. I have a rather large list of bugs from the previous version and I will go through all of them and let you all know here how that goes in future posts. The two things I did test specifically was the bug a found with the GPS and that is still messed up,http://boards.synccommunity.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=fordsyncmb&tid=3786, and the browse feature for the Sirius radio, http://boards.synccommunity.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=fordsyncmb&tid=3783. Neither one is fixed but I will say the browse feature at least does not lock up anymore it just plan does not work. I would be great to know what the people at Ford think they fixed with this version. Maybe it will not reboot randomly on me like the previous versions but only time will tell on that one. I hope this is not their final attempt."

Don't have high hopes guys.

1 - 20 of 220 Posts