Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm beginning to get into the market for a new car and the new focus looks amazing, but there seem to be quite a few threads about transmissions, MFT, and so forth that are expected with any big redesign. (Even Honda messed up with their new Civic model). I'd like to give Ford a model year to iron out all of the issues.

Google is apparently pretty bad at answering the question "When was the 2012 focus released", so.. when was it? I am in no hurry to purchase, so waiting for the 2013 model year is fine, but I have no idea if that will be at the beginning, middle, or end of 2012. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I think it was early April when the 2012s started rolling out.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I'm beginning to get into the market for a new car and the new focus looks amazing, but there seem to be quite a few threads about transmissions, MFT, and so forth that are expected with any big redesign. (Even Honda messed up with their new Civic model). I'd like to give Ford a model year to iron out all of the issues.

Google is apparently pretty bad at answering the question "When was the 2012 focus released", so.. when was it? I am in no hurry to purchase, so waiting for the 2013 model year is fine, but I have no idea if that will be at the beginning, middle, or end of 2012. Any ideas?
North American 2012 Focus start of production was February 04, 2011. Ford has not announced a start up date for model year 2013.

·
Registered
524 Posts
What are you waiting for, get one now. Yes, it has a few bugs here and there but you will love the overall experience of driving this car. I'm getting ready to fill out my customer view point survey and they are getting very high marks from me. It's a joy to drive and if you do a lot of highway driving get ready to save a lot on fuel.

·
Registered
676 Posts
The 12's will be on sale for nearly another year, so plenty of time to get one. Most likely the 2013's won't be around until Sept next year.

·
Flipping Rockstar
16,788 Posts
[welcome] to FF![wave]

Also keep in mind that most people who join a forum initially is because of a problem(Myself included), and considering the number of threads as compared to actual Focus sales, the number of problems are pretty low.

As was stated, Ford hasn't put out a release date on the MY2013 yet, so You have a bit of a wait on Your hands. At least You'll be ahead of the game and walking into Your local Ford dealer with open eyes.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Good reason to wait for 13's is any package changes where items are added. But then others could be dropped.

Dealer order guides usually go out months in advance and sometimes posted on Ford sites.

·
Sonic Crew #04
7,513 Posts
my dealer said april 27th was when they first received the 2012

·
Registered
267 Posts
Even after reading some of these issues, and having issues myself. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a new one again if I had to. I agree with completley focused, why wait. Get one now and start enjoying it!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea, I found this forum by thinking to myself "What would I search if I had a Focus and didn't like it/had problems with it".

It's so tempting to go get one right now, but I think I'll be able to hold out and put one more snow/salt cycle on my current car before getting a new one. Maybe they'll mention something at the NA Auto Show in January. Isn't that when they announced the 2012, or did they announce at the Paris Show of 2010? Either way, thanks for the input. Enjoy your new cars, I'll try to not run you off the road in the meantime.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have had mine about 2 weeks. I can tell you it is a great car. Fun to drive and it looks good. The inside is very nice and the very few things I had wrong were not different from any other new car I have purchased in the past.[:)]

·
Registered
146 Posts
I was questioning only yesterday whether I would rebuy a Focus because of my issues with MFT. Well, now that I've learned how to do the master reset, the answer is a resounding YES! (Assuming I don't have to master reset it too often.)

I had issues with Bluetooth and USB connectivity but now those are gone, and while slow, the system is doing everything it should be able to :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts