Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, cant seem to find this anywhere so i though id ask. i know the white and black wires go to pins 34 and 45 on the pcm but what wire goes to what? white to +, black to -? does it really matter? and does the bare wire connect to anything? i just picked this up off ebay with no instructions [facepalm] Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No this isnt the autometer tach driver its a frpp one that taps into the CKP wires i just need to know what goes to what on the sheiled wire side

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well. since nobody seems to know i am going to WING IT tomorrow and post back here so the future people searching wont be blind....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright, in and working as good as it can with the crap tach i got! Now its easiest to unplug only the front most connector on the pcm and look for the wires there. number 34 WHITE/RED stripe and 45 BROWN/RED stripe are right on top of each other. I connected the black wire on the frpp tach driver to brown/red stripe of pin 45 and white to the white/red stripe pin 34. Most will say not to cut the wires, and to use some chicken shit wire tap/scotch lock deal. i opted to cut both the wires and use heat-shrink butt connectors to seal them in and keep the wires from pullin out. The car starts and runs fine as of now. I didn't touch the bare wire, im assuming its to help prevent RFI or electrical signal interference of the sorts. On the other end i hooked up the power/ground/signal wires accordingly. Coming from a previous supra owner, its no race car, but will get the job done to and from work. why they couldn't just put a tach in every 5 speed is beyond me [facepalm]

yes i was hongry gettin som bk lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts