Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
good or bad. ford racing street header with fc hi-flow cat pipe need a cat uk mot laws very strict.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Honestly I don't have any headers yet but the only two I'd consider buying are Ford Racing or Edelbrock and I'd pick Edelbrock over the Ford Racing anyday just because I just trust Edelbrock. They both come with the most hardware and probably have the best quality of them all. They say they all perform the same and that may be true but quality should be foremost on the list. How about MAC?

·
Registered
793 Posts
yeah Id agree, Ford Racing seems to be the best, Edelbrock makes good stuff too, youd probably have good results with either of those set-ups

·
Registered
717 Posts
The Ford Racing street header is the most complete kit in terms of the accessories. New metal manifold gasket, cat o-ring, cat-2-flexpipe gasket, studs & nuts, bolts, spacers, and heat sheilds. It's Jet Hot coated stainless steel, which is supposed to be better than just being ceramic coated, but I can't say exactly why or what the diff. is. JBA is also stainless steel, I think the Edelbrock is stainless as well. JBA comes with a paper manifold gasket, cat gasket, and new bolts.

The Focus Central short/street header and the MAC header are a lower cost alternative. They are not stainless steel, but are ceramic coated. Both come only with a new copper manifold gasket. No other accessories. In fact, the FC is the MAC product...

The Ford Racing kit also includes the best instructions I've seen, "pictures" :)

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
wow i'll look into that when i start looking into finishing my exhaust in the spring

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Yep, Ray is right. I got mine and it actually has pictures for instructions. Getting it installed this weekend. Edlebrock is good but it's too darn expensive if you ask me.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Yep, Ray is right. I got mine and it actually has pictures for instructions. Getting it installed this weekend. Edlebrock is good but it's too darn expensive if you ask me.
Everyone keeps saying that but it's not that expensive. Isn't the FORD Racing about $350? You can get the Edlebrock for $380 at jegs or summit racing I THINK. I've seen it go on ebay for $320 shipped. Should've gotten it when I had the chance. At Jegs I think the JBA is even more than the Edelbrock and I haven't heard all peaches and cream about the JBA. I agree it's pricey but I'd trust them over anyone else. I guess it kind of like buying a Focus Central Throttle Body or paying an extra $100 for a BBK. Samething except one is more known reputation wise in the racing world.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts