Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of getting one, what are your guys' opinions on them? how much do they lower the position of the shifter, and the throw?
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Here is the FC Race shifter, the Steeda(Ford Racing) STS, and the factory.
Notice the Steeda(FR) is longer down below the pivot ball.

I don't have a pic of the adjustable to compare to but my understanding is the top half is adjustable height. Not the bottom half.

·
Registered
93 Posts
i dont have a sts in my focus, but if i had to buy one, it would be the adjustable cfm shifter. check out www.centralfloridamotorsports.com. they have everything you need.

·
Registered
752 Posts
sorry this is off topic not trying to jack thread but captcomputer.. on your key chain(i'm guessing its yours) what does the OA stand for after svt

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
^^
SVT Owners Association

I have felt the FR and I love it, I have steeda on my 06 but our SVT is getting the Fordracing (steeda) shifter.

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
sorry this is off topic not trying to jack thread but captcomputer.. on your key chain(i'm guessing its yours) what does the OA stand for after svt
SVTOA....SVT Owners Association

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have the ford racing one, its baller. before i got it, i would miss 2nd all time even if i shifted slow. but i have had the fr sts in for over a year and never missed a shift during spirited driving........
but i dont know how they compare in price

·
MOAR BEWST!!!!
1,528 Posts
thank you very much for that picture! ive been asking how much shorter the shifter itself sits and nobody has been able to tell me. My buddies Dad can get one for me for free cuz he works for Ford Racing =D

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
I have the Steeda Short Throw shifter ... It feels better than stock, has a "Short Throw" and doesn't feel like I need to "Lean - Over" to reach the shifter.

Very comfortable.

Side Bar:
Oh and I remember that "How-To"; I bought the shifter the week that was posted ... a Great Write Up I might add.

-Ray-

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here is before and after pics of the CFM adjustable STS which I would highly recommend. However, if you can get the FR one for free, then that would definitely be the way to go.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts