Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a good decent street header and I'm looking at either the Ford Racing or the Focus Central street header. The Ford Racing costs about $100 more than the FC.

Anyone have any experiences with both or either header?

Is the Focus Central stainless steel with ceramic coating?

Just wondering about gains, mounting/bolt-on, and any tones differences.

Focus Central street header

Ford Racing street header

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
i have teh FR like alot of ppl on here, the quality is unserpassed, SS w/ teh jet hot coating, focus centrals ok and all but its no FR

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
I have the FR also and it's jet hot coated like mofocus said. It also looks very pretty under the hood. Where are you looking to purchase it from? I got mine from McNews.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MyFordPerformance sells the FR street header for $370.
Not sure what the jet hot coating does but some of those no name headers on ebay also have that coating.

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
I have the FR header, very good quality. Actually got mine from a Ford Dealership for $299 well worth the money.

Plus it includes all the hardware, gaskets, bolts, heat shield, etc.

The Jet-Hot coating helps to keep the header from corroding and keeps it looking nice under the hood.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I also have the Ford Racing header and it's been great. Mine came with a new gasket, heat shielding for the power steering line, and more heat shielding that attaches to the hood. Not to mention it's a Ford product so the dealer can't bitch if you have to take your car in to the shop for service.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
The ford racing header is top notch, its prob the best shorty header out there.

Definately support places like mcnews, they don't just sell parts like some, they go to shows and races, build race cars and represent the focus community. Without the aid of shops like mcnews, the focus wouldn't have as big an aftermarket as it does.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
FR header i've had it for 2 days now and it's so far really good.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
I will have the ability to show some gains from it soon micro. I am one of the lucky ones that lives real close to McNews and they will soon have a dyno up and running. So when that happens I will be sure to get the car dynoed with the header on. Hopefully somone else has done this already and can help you sooner then I can.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
i have a focuscentral race header i wouldn't imagine that ford racing would make one since the emition deal and the no cat??? i support focuscentral i think the product they sell is good stuff i have no complaints. im surprised nobody is buyin fc stuff??

·
Registered
263 Posts
[offtopic]

sorry to be off topic. I am interesting in the FR header also. however, i don't have enough $$$ for the flex-pipe and the high flow pipe. What kind of performance should I expect if I only have a FR header and a Magnaflow cat-back on??

One more question....should I get a 65mm tb first or the FR header???

·
Registered
281 Posts
Microtonal the Focus Central header is the MAC header. I'm sure you probably already knew that but just in case. I'd tell you to just get the Ford Racing and get it over with mainly because of all the hardware it comes with and the quality. My second choice would be Edelbrock.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
focuSE said:
[offtopic]

sorry to be off topic. I am interesting in the FR header also. however, i don't have enough $$$ for the flex-pipe and the high flow pipe. What kind of performance should I expect if I only have a FR header and a Magnaflow cat-back on??

One more question....should I get a 65mm tb first or the FR header???
I think, IMO, that you should just wait until you can afford the other 2 parts before you purchase the header so you can put them all on at once.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.